GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:57:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Goldeneye Reloaded Game...  (Read 9653 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Re: New Goldeneye Reloaded Game...
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 03:40:30 pm »

It wouldn't be the first time that's happened (not with Activision). Resident Evil 4 was supposed to be a Gamecube exclusive, and it was for a little while. Then it got whored out to the PS2, Wii, Computer, iOS, and will be coming out for PSN and XBLA in the near future.

That was part of a set of five games (including Viewtiful Joe which was also ported to the PS2) that were supposed to be Nintendo exclusives.

well they are announcing a 007 title at this years Comic Con so it might be goldeneye reloaded or...a game by Raven Software...

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 03:49:08 pm »

It wouldn't be the first time that's happened (not with Activision). Resident Evil 4 was supposed to be a Gamecube exclusive, and it was for a little while. Then it got whored out to the PS2, Wii, Computer, iOS, and will be coming out for PSN and XBLA in the near future.

That was part of a set of five games (including Viewtiful Joe which was also ported to the PS2) that were supposed to be Nintendo exclusives.

I feel like the porting of RE4 to other systems was a good thing. A lot of people called RE4 the best game on the Gamecube which was a shame because the Gamecube had the least market share behind the PS2 and Xbox. The only reason I was able to play that fantastic game (RE4 got me into the entire RE series) was because of the fact that it got ported to the PS2 and PC (I own the game on both systems). Plus on the new releases they always added some new content (with the exception of the Wii version, which had worse graphics and crappy Wii controls). I would totally buy the game again in the 360/PS3 re-release if I owned either of those systems to play through the game again in HD.

Though, I feel like when it comes to Goldeneye in this situation, the world didn't explode with praise for the release of Goldeneye: Wii, because it was clearly just CoD with James Bond skins. If Goldeneye Wii had somehow been as successful, groundbreaking, and most importantly fun as games like RE4 or had even begun to live up to its GE64 predecessor, I would've been all for seeing it in HD on other consoles. But sadly, I feel like we can be safely 100% sure that this won't be the case.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 09:49:55 pm »

As for RE4 (i own the GC, PC and Wii version), i don't see where the Wii graphics are worse.
If you ask me it was the best of all 4 versions because it had all the content and i really like the Wiimote contols on this game.
The PC version was kinda bad port because of many graphic issues, crashes within certain FMV sequences and the inability to play the game on a Laptop.
Sure most of these issues were fixed with a patch, but they existed when i was first playing the game.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 01:16:14 am »

Resident Evil 1 remake on Gamecube was my favorite, still blows me away now, they should re-release this one and remake 2 using the same methods, it would be amazing with today's consoles.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 03:33:07 am »

The PC version was kinda bad port because of many graphic issues, crashes within certain FMV sequences and the inability to play the game on a Laptop.

You forgot no mouse control.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 09:53:28 am »

You forgot no mouse control.

That's the only reason that I didn't get the comp version. Yeah, there were patches and whatnot to get mouse functionality (so I've heard), but the fact that there's no native mouse support makes me feel it was s half-assed port.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 12:55:52 pm »

I dunno, personally whenever I play console ports I play with a controller. The game immediately recognized and used my Logitech Rumblepad and my 360 controller...

But yeah, for the most part, I do agree that RE4 PC was a shitty port. I had to delete all the FMV files so that they wouldn't play and crash the game whenever one loaded, you had to hunt down patches for the game to utilize any lighting (everything was fullbright in the original release) and if you wanted the game to look decent on a high resolution monitor you had to download a user patch to upgrade the super low-resolution textures to the Gamecube ones (since the game was ported from the PS2 version).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:58:33 pm by Jonathon [SSL] »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 05:45:51 pm »

well they are announcing a 007 title at this years Comic Con so it might be goldeneye reloaded or...a game by Raven Software...

Darn Comic Con... I haven't been to one, but the facts that I have to wait for the new Mortal Kombat episodes on youtube as well as for a possible glimpse of Goldeneye Reloaded made me hate it. -.-

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2011, 06:49:45 pm »

I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks then.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up