GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:21:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: So What can we expect for 4.2?  (Read 55984 times)

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
Re: So What can we expect for 4.2?
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2011, 06:17:13 pm »

I definitely think we should be able to dual-wield crazy stuff like Rocket Launchers and RCP90s somehow. It's part of the crazy fun GoldenEye is known for. Only being able to dual-wield weaker weapons in normal game modes and the crazy stuff in a separate dual-wielding game mode sounds good.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2011, 04:03:09 pm »

I definitely think we should be able to dual-wield crazy stuff like Rocket Launchers and RCP90s somehow. It's part of the crazy fun GoldenEye is known for.
>Implying that you did that before on multiplayer.

There really is no point to duals, and its more of a con than a pro. You use twice the amount of bullets, for the same wait time between shots. Lets say that I unload a RCP-90 clip into a guy. Only one bullet is going to hurt him, then the invulnerability will take effect, and each shot while that is in effect is just wasted. Now I have twice that amount being wasted. Duals also will just increase bullet spamming rather than timed shots and aiming.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2011, 06:58:30 pm »

They should be added, just for the sake of nostalgia at a minimum. We can regulate them how ever is needed, but they should be there. My $.02
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2011, 07:01:10 pm »

At the very least they'll need to be in SP. *thinks too far ahead*
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011, 07:30:06 pm »

Yeah, it's just for the novelty of it, really. Who here didn't like turning on the all guns cheat and messing in around in single player with dual anything? Now that we have the chance to include it in multiplayer, we should.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 07:56:56 pm by Storm101 »

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2011, 08:05:28 pm »

Don't get me wrong. I believe they should be added, but I don't people realize how much trouble it is just to have something that is going to hinder you in the end. Maybe a console command would suit it best, with the logic of 2 unique weapon spawns with the same loadout.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011, 11:20:49 pm »

To be fair, it would actually be easier to get kills with dual versions of most weapons; most people just spam head level and don't have to worry about body shots, even with bullet spread in most cases.  There's also the presence of weapons like the Golden Gun and Cmag would become much more powerful, even to a player with good aim.

And i believe dual rocket and grenade launchers were also available in the original?
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2011, 11:35:03 pm »

And i believe dual rocket and grenade launchers were also available in the original?

Everything was dual in the original, Except for the taser.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 12:33:35 am »

Only through the 2x " " or All Guns cheats, of course.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 12:38:56 am »

honestly i only think that duel weilding should be avalible at the almost very end as there are quite alot of things to go- Charaters, Maps, Gamemodes and ofcourse Easter Eggs

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 12:55:52 am »

Everything was dual in the original, Except for the taser.

...and the tank!

namajnaG

• namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 01:30:39 am »

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2011, 03:35:56 am »

And the mines.

And the bots...

And the single player.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:38:37 am by markpeterjameslegg »

namajnaG

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 03:40:06 am »

And the bots...

And the single player.

Actually, We are talking about the dual-wieldable weapons in the original.
Single player is surely very complicated to do.
Bots? Well... That recent update on the forums told us that we have a great possibility. Maybe someone not in the team could code some bots and release it as a plugin.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2011, 02:06:19 pm »

That recent update on the forums told us that we have a great possibility. Maybe someone not in the team could code some bots and release it as a plugin.

Don't waste your time, bots are pretty much complete (at least the base code, not logic yet) :-)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up