GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 03:26:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Do you believe that violent video games make people violent?

Yes.
- 0 (0%)
No.
- 28 (93.3%)
Only Young Children.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Game Violence  (Read 10345 times)

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
Re: Video Game Violence
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 08:52:35 pm »

Yeah. Somehow I don't even wanna see Mann Gegan Mann live, LOL
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 07:06:54 pm »

I'd just like to bump this to thank everyone who posted their ideas and helped me with my paper. I went in today to get my mark, and I got 83% on it. I was mainly marked down on some stupid formatting issues, but I'm pleased with the mark.

The part that I find funny though was that I half-ass'd it the weekend before it was due, and I still got a higher mark than my girlfriend who spend three week working on her's. She got 70%, but her topic was gay marriage.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 06:23:26 am »

At the end of your paper, you should have put "For examples of the public's views, see: http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,2631.0.html".
;)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 06:27:51 am »

Well I used this topic in my Work Cited page. Close enough

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 02:58:39 pm »

I know I am probably (?) too late, but I voted and completely agree with what was said on this thread. This really is a subject with many interpretations and most of them are completely out of context or are simply means to cause a bad image of an industry that has created some astonishing works of art.

I must congratulate you for the the mark you got on your paper and for the subject you chose. It is very adequate for the times we live in and a central point of discussion nowadays, on the various circles of society, and is used as a scapegoat for some rampant killings that happened in more recent years.

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 04:38:48 pm »

People who are violent because of video games or movies or imitate them are...stupid. I mean, how stupid would you have to be to commit massive amounts of crimes because you played GTA4? It's obviously all fictional, you can't pull off crap like that because it will eventually come back to tear your head off!

Meliadoul2k

• Pretty Gangsta Myself
  • Secret Agent
  • Meliadoul2k has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 04:26:23 am »

Violent Videos game =/= Violence in Real Life

Kids develop violent behavior by parenting, the environment they have to adapt to (neighborhood), or simply put their personality. As long as kids aren't playing games like Custer's Revenge or Grand Theft Auto video games shouldn't be the cause.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 05:24:56 am »

Like the Custer's Revenge reference.
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo

Meliadoul2k

• Pretty Gangsta Myself
  • Secret Agent
  • Meliadoul2k has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 05:41:18 am »

Like the Custer's Revenge reference.
I bet you do.  :-\

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
    • Steam profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 05:46:44 am »

Probably not in whatever sense you're thinking of...

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 06:03:26 am »

The only times I've been violent were in self defense.  Although I did go a bit overboard once and broke a guy's leg with a baseball bat ( I mentioned that in the Bedtime Stories with Bass blog, for those of you who remember...).  I doubt it would have been any different if I grew up reading violent and perverted books instead of playing doom.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
    • Steam profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 06:07:37 am »

The last word that caught my eye was "doom". :)

Beat any/all on Ultra-Violence?
(Quickie off-topic question.)

Hell, FPSs tend to help when I'm pissed off at people.
Some may consider that "unhealthy", but I'm still perfectly stable, so I'd say it's all good.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up