GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 08:03:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weapons reloading  (Read 5482 times)

Matteobin

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Matteobin has no influence.
Weapons reloading
« on: December 11, 2010, 03:49:25 pm »

I really like this game. It's near to the N64 version, but it has a lot of improvements too (like jump and network game support). Besides the graphic and the level design are awesome (I love the back of the new Facility level).

But I don't understand why don't you animate the weapons reloadings... well I mean it would be nice, wouldn't it?

Maybe the N64 weapons reloading animation it's (in my opinion) the only bad thing of that gorgeous game.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 11:41:11 pm by Matteobin007 »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Weapons reloading
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 03:59:51 pm »

The simplistic reloads were one of many things that people remember as being definitively 'Goldeneye'. It goes along with the weapon-bobbing, unrealistically weak weapons, holding assault rifles with one hand, speed strafing etc...

Changing them to realistic reload animations impacts gameplay a great deal and in most cases would unbalance gameplay. Also it would get in the way of the future implementation of duel weapon wielding. As it stands it's functional and nostalgic, changing it would be an arbitrarily bad decision.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Matteobin

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Matteobin has no influence.
Re: Weapons reloading
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 04:21:35 pm »

Now I understand... you are right: weapons reloading animation could impact negatively on the gameplay. Thank you for explaing it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up