GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:15:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: InvertedShadow - Archives  (Read 21359 times)

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
Re: InvertedShadow - Archives
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 05:45:45 am »

Well, the bottom one says front zone in the link at the top left.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Bissrok

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bissrok has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 04:53:44 pm »

Man, that looks really nice. And it does remind me a lot of the place in the movie. It's always been one of my favorite maps, though. I can't wait to actually run through it.

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • InvertedShadow has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 09:58:33 pm »

Bonus: The next post's suggestion will be added into the map if it's not too extravagant.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 10:43:03 pm »

I suggest being able to jump out of the windows and perhaps use a ladder to climb back up to the top floor. It would really help open up the map. Otherwise, you could go deep into the back of the bottom section but if you wanted to get back to the top floor, you would have to walk quite a ways. Same thing for going to the bottom section from the top floor.

Of course, this is assuming that there will actualy be a full zone. I was hoping you would answer that question.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 02:17:22 am »

I agree whit this one.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2008, 03:41:12 am »

I'd like a crate pile because ladders really screw things up in Source.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Storm101

• 00 Agent
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2008, 03:53:09 am »

Yeah. That would be more realistic, too. I mean, you're not just going to see a ladder going up to a window that shouldn't be broken in the first place.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 01:32:19 pm »

I assume you're talking about the windows where Bond and Natalya are escaping in the SP of GE64.
well, i think if added, this should be a one way thing.
So you can jump out of the window, but have to get back into the building through the windows on the lower floor.
A ladder up to a window doesn't sound very realistic and by adding a crate stack or something you would block one of the windows on the groundfloor.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 05:24:44 pm »

I could imagine this in Archives_Classic, though not the modern version. In my opinion the modern map is more than good enough.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 05:44:51 pm »

first off, we gotta get together because the escape from archives into streets needs to match. (As well Facility backzone and runway!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Storm101

• 00 Agent
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 06:17:50 pm »

I assume you're talking about the windows where Bond and Natalya are escaping in the SP of GE64.
well, i think if added, this should be a one way thing.
So you can jump out of the window, but have to get back into the building through the windows on the lower floor.
A ladder up to a window doesn't sound very realistic and by adding a crate stack or something you would block one of the windows on the groundfloor.

Maybe a crate stack at the end of the row that doesn't block anything, or small ones in between.

I am seeing how this could be weird, so we should at least have the one way jumping out of the windows if this won't work. It was a element of the original game, afterall.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 06:37:39 pm by Storm101 »

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 11:50:10 pm »

If I remember correctly, there were no windows on the main floor, so the create idea should work.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 12:06:07 am »

There are windows on both the top and bottom floor. The ones on the top are right above the lower ones.

Bissrok

• Agent
  • Bissrok has no influence.
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 12:09:03 am »

There are windows on both the top and bottom floor. The ones on the top are right above the lower ones.

Yup. But aren't there at least three sets of windows on each floor? Even if some crates did block one of the windows, you'd still be fine.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2008, 12:25:04 am »

What about a fire escape? A set of railings outside the windows, with a ladder leading up to it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up