Editing and Customization > Community Content

Russian Guard

(1/2) > >>

DrDean:
I've still been very interested in getting the Russian guard from GoldenEye N64 into Source. Not literally, since that would be a little too low poly. Maybe one day I'll port them.

The last time I did something like this, it was a skin. Now I have learned to port from games, which is why posting this is a bit iffy. This fella was ported (I didn't model him) from the game The Movies by Lionhead Studios. He's t-posed and ready to be rigged for GoldenEye: Source, I just don't know who to make him replace. Since he is a port, I probably won't be able to release it unless I get permission from Lionhead.

VC:
We only accept original content.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]:
but its not illegal to use if he posted a link and others downloaded it as a custom model replacement, right?

VC:
If it is a model from another product, and the EULA does not specifically say that licence is granted to distribute exported content for the purpose of creating new media in other mediums, then it's not legal.

I don't know what a The Movies By Lionhead is, but I will assume it's a digital dollhouse that lets you record your play time and send it to other people.  If so, then fair use covers sending the video around, but not the models used to create it.

DrDean:
It's a video game where you make digital movies with digital actors, costumes, sets, scripts etc. Really fun.

This is mainly more of a show & tell, I suppose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version