Debriefing > Fixed\Known Bugs

[NOTABUG] strange error: missing textures, error text instead of models?

(1/3) > >>

sculptedpixel:
searched around but couldn't find any posting of this, er, feature?

Recently installed golden eye source 3.01 & 3.1.4 update; went to play - it barfed to desktop.  Not a problem, that's usually Nvidia's subtle way of telling me they've put out new drivers.  Updated.  Rebooted.  No change.  Hrm.  uninstalled GES, re-downloaded, reinstalled, re-updated; now it starts, but something tells me I'm seeing an error (see above picture of ge_runway, but it's in all maps & the gamestart UI as well).  Multiple texture-missing issues (at least, that's my guess from the purple-black box grids), and the word ERROR in red scattered about (guessing missing models or something like that)...

any suggestions?  vista (ugh) 64, sp1; steam up to date; nvidia gf 8800 (now up to date).  more screenshots available if that'll help.

major:
Looks like its only loading HL2 Textures.. so... something is wrong with install or something.

Make sure you have a Source engine based game.

Maybe try reinstalling SDK Base Orangebox.

Check and see if installed in correct location(C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\gesource).

When it was loading the map, was it the stock HL2 SP splash screen?

Only seen this once, and was cause someone( Cough wake cough) broke the servers. So maybe he has a idea why it was only loading HL2 stuff.

sculptedpixel:
I have hl2 source, lost coast, cs:s, orange box, etc. installed... would this do the trick?

the installed app path is:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\gesource

it showed the valve-head logo, bass guitar (hl2 valve sound); then goes to GES menu.  I'll try reinstalling orange box sdk base...

major:
It shouldn't play the Valve head thing and stuff.... hmmmm.. I'll do some research till someone else posts there solutions.

Doc.NO:
Only HL2 material... Hmmm did you tried another server? Looks like that one turned on sv_pure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version