GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:02:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interview Q&A with Nerdballoon  (Read 8110 times)

[nerdballoon.com] Kerry

Interview Q&A with Nerdballoon
« on: October 10, 2009, 04:20:21 pm »

**Official GoldenEye: Source response**

Just recently we sat down and interviewed with Nerdballoon.com to do a quick Q&A segment for their website, and to answer some of your questions you've all been wondering. Check it out!

Recently I had the chance to catch up with Sean Stock, managing director for Goldeneye: Source.  Here is what he had to say about his current project.

How is the progress coming along for GE:S?

Currently the team is actively working on new gameplay modes, code, weapons, and art assets for the next release (Beta 4).  Overall, progress to the final release of the mod is probably somewhere around 60-70% finished. For the next release we have two new maps, Caverns and Facility Backzone all ready to go.  New characters and animations, as well as classic features from N64's GoldenEye 007 such as bullet penetration and rolling explosions will also make the cut.  New game modes are also in there such as Live and Let Die and Capture the Key, just to name a few.

How many people are currently working on the project and in what capacity?

We have 32 developers in different fields such as programming, art (which is both 2D and 3D as well as conceptual artist), level and Controlenvironmental design, and finally sound design. In addition, we have ten quality assurance testers who regularly test the current build of the game, as well as a public relations department. Many of our developers are very active, spending dozens of hours a week on this free project, while juggling personal schedules and tasks at the same time.

Read the full interview here.

**Original post from Kerry*

Thanks to Sean for taking the time to do this with us.  Hopefully this Q&A draws new fans and also keeps existing fans interested and informed.

http://nerdballoon.com/kerry-blog/goldeneye-source-the-inside-scoop

« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:09:05 pm by Sean [Baron] »

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Interview Q&A with Nerdballoon
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 04:51:02 pm »

Great interview and good PR too. Kudos to you guys at nerdballon.com.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 01:04:26 am »

awee I want caverns screenies :/ haha awesome interview!

Now where is Wake....

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

[nerdballoon.com] Kerry

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 01:53:42 am »

Glad you guys are enjoying it, we have certainly been enjoying your mod for the last while.  Keep it up!

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 02:06:21 am »

Great interview. Good questions.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 07:04:54 pm »

Nice interview sean. Although they used a screenshot from beta 1 :O

Kudos to you guys at nerdballon.com.
thanks for the PR Kerry, and sean for doing the interview
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:10:46 pm by Sean [Baron] »

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 09:26:06 pm »

Technically I can't take credit for the interview completly, even though I'm the only one listed. I was [the only one] in contact with Kerry, but the team itself collaborated on the answers, including; Wake, The SSL, Myself and others as well.

By the way, I merged both topics. Didn't realize there was a post about the interview already in the public section.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:09:44 pm by Sean [Baron] »
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

WNxRicky

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • WNxRicky barely matters.WNxRicky barely matters.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 09:38:32 pm »

Nice interview with good questions, a bit short though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up