GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 08:32:48 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] Round end report displays the previous gamemode after 1st round  (Read 6270 times)

Kiihhu

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kiihhu has no influence.

This bug I've experienced countless times over the past few months. Whenever the gamemode changes, the round result scoreboard of the first round (OHMSS After Action Report) displays the previous gamemode that is no longer being played. This occurs when the gamemode changes when the map time limit is reached and also when the gamemode is changed by voting in the middle of a round.

For example, yesterday I was playing on the 1138 clan server. The gamemode was first "One Bullet Is Enough". After map change we played Arsenal. After the first round of Arsenal, the ending score board claimed that the round gamemode was "One Bullet Is Enough", which it wasn't anymore (see attached screenshot). You can tell that the score board shows wrong gamemode because:

• "theannoyinggeek was knifed and lost a level" is an Arsenal-related message
  • The weapon of choice is expected to be "Golden Gun" or "Hunting Knife" after a OBIE round, instead a variety of guns is seen.

The round results of the second and all the remaining rounds always displays the correct gamemode, the bug is only happening in the first round.

There's another score board glitch that I think is closely related to what I just described here, if not the same thing. Sometimes after a non-team round the ending score board will show everybody's team as "Unassigned" (which looks bad and unintentional, usually when teams aren't enabled this column is omitted, am I right?). I suspect that this is observed, when before map change teams are enabled but after map change it is no longer a team game. But the report will show team information when it is not relevant. Again, this would probably be observed in the first round after teams are disabled. But of this I am not sure.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:11:52 pm by Kiihhu »

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!

Yep, I've seen this many times as well.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Kiihhu

• Agent

I think I got evidence that my suspicion was right. I watched some guys play "Uplink!" in Cradle. The next match was LALD in Stack. In the attached screenshot you can see that the score board says the gamemode is Uplink!, but we can see from the radar that it is actually LALD. The Uplink! in Cradle was a team game, but LALD is not, so the end results displays teams as "Unassigned". The "Team" column and team scores should not be visible in a non-team game round report. They still are, because the report shows round info that are from the previous game, before the gamemode changed. The report is living in the past.

My point was that these two score board bugs I mentioned are in fact just one and same.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps

Is this a bug when playing in a stock GES server?

Plugins are the scourge of this mod... they fuck with every feature I code in...

I added it as an issue: https://github.com/goldeneye-source/ges-code/issues/7

Also the team-mode scoreboard: https://github.com/goldeneye-source/ges-code/issues/8
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 02:18:49 am by killermonkey »

Kiihhu

• Agent

I will tell you if this happens on any server not having plugins as soon as I get the chance to try it. I have failed to test this on my own listen server, because the developer console shows up no more, and the gamemode doesn't change by itself. I can't remember which key it is currently bound to and can't even remember how I bound before (none of the buttons in my keyboard brings out the console atm, but I have it enabled). :P

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile

Can confirm it happens on a newly created server w/o plugins.
Pages: [1]   Go Up