GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 01:32:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: total noob with a noob question  (Read 4205 times)

double0killa

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • double0killa is looked down upon.
total noob with a noob question
« on: February 27, 2009, 02:06:56 pm »

ok, im a complete noob. almost to the point of being retarded. I saw a vid yesterday of GES on youtube. Of course me being a GE fan, i wanted to play GES. I get that you must purchase a copy of HL2 to play the mod of HL2 which is GES. Can someone explain to me how to do all this. I already created a steam account. (by the way, do you have to pay to play GES) and i have a copy of HL2 on its way via Ebay. It so dam confusing.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: total noob with a noob question
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 04:47:09 pm »

q. What is required to play this mod?

a. You must have Steam's Platform installed and have purchased one of the valve games from this product list (excluding L4D). To purchase the cheapest product to enable you access to play our mod we suggest Half Life 2: Deathmatch at $4.99. Then you must install Orange Box SDK from the "tools" tab of steam.

Since you are getting hl2 you are already GOING to be covered for gaining access to play mods. This is the process once you receive your hl2 game

allowing to install mods that will work
a) install the hl2 game
b) restart comp/steam (if necesary)
c) click to install Source SDK Base - Orange Box from the "tools" tab of steam program.

to install GE:S
d) download the latest full package exe from our wiki beta 3 mirrors page (this is our package)
e) run installer and follow the prompts
f) restart steam
g) you should see GES in the "installed" category of "my games" tab in steam

GE:S download and playing is all free, since we use valves modding technology that you and everyone who plays/mods got included within their game purchases. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions if you need.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 10:30:30 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

double0killa

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • double0killa is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 04:52:48 pm »

dude, thanks a bunch man. i appreciate your help. hope to see ya in the game.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 10:26:17 pm »

I clarified one point, so reference this again when you get this process started.
Pages: [1]   Go Up