GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 06:48:17 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The wiki  (Read 6682 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
The wiki
« on: January 19, 2009, 02:11:18 am »

Unfortunately as mentioned in the other thread, the wiki is suffering the most from this transition.

We basically had to port the edit data across to new pages. Since we saw the wiki discussion come up in the forums there was the opportunity to make a new and improved layout for us to setup this new wiki though. Thanks to JcFerggy, its coming together nicely.

Check out some of those official pages to see what i mean. It just generally looks more viewable and informative.

What we ask is that you sign up again under your previous username, and we will work out a way to attribute that NEW username to the articles you were a part of. A sort of "thanks" page which will be best we can do to substitute your previous work on the .com domain :)

Hope you guys like the wiki, and we aim to keep bettering it.

One thing to make clear, the .com wiki will be frozen and remain as a beta 1 stage archive, so the history will not disappear in fact. you just have to bookmark that url to see it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 02:13:36 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: The wiki
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 05:22:44 am »

Just for the record, there have been 562 changes since the new wiki was started, and only 8 of them were not by me. I have beefed up the main articles (Maps, Weapons, Characters), but other ones like Clans were just copied over. I don't think it is my place to edit a specific groups work.

Over the next few weeks, I will be adding and changing articles. My main interest is to keep the official one up-to-date, but that does not mean that I won't fix a broken article added by another user.

Once Beta 3 is released, I'll have been given the green light (Hopefully) to interview the developers (If they wish) about their work, so I can add the special tweaks, the hardships, and any other information the developers feel like giving to the articles, so the reader will be able to know how much work has been put into each and every piece of this mod.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 06:57:03 pm »

Would there be any way to get a comparison of the weapons from GE64 to GE:S? I saw that the characters had it as least (not sure about now), and I thought it was be cool if the weapons had the same comparison.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 07:17:10 pm »

Any differences between Beta 3 and GE007 weapon behavior is noted in the profiles, already.  Unless you mean visual models, in which case they are all faithful except for DD44,which was modeled as a TT33 instead of as the GE weapon, which was very simplified generic blocky pistol, and the sniper rifle, which was modeled after some classic bolt-action job instead of the Walther WA2000.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 07:20:55 pm »

Would there be any way to get a comparison of the weapons from GE64 to GE:S?

Not sure. Technically we shouldn't do that I think would be the stance of the team. Users did it on the last wiki I believe. This time regular users cant modify certain official pages, however.

Goldeneyforever website does it, hosts goldeneye007 screenshots of assets I mean. :P Just look there then look on our wiki?

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 08:03:18 pm »

Well, I thought it would be cool to have side-by-side comparisons of the how the weapons look in-game.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 01:09:19 am »

A lot of the sections seem to have been locked to prevent users from editing.
The only one I could actually access was the D5K silenced one.

I tried changing "|special = Silenced variant" on the Gold PP7 to "|special = No" but got denied.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 01:50:43 am »

Any trusted parties need to ask for access, and so PM myself or JCferrgy on this forum with your username on there.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 12:51:50 pm »

Didn't know where to post this, but this seemed to me like the most appropriate place. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I will not make a long and thorough explanation. I just ask you to read the following posts and then tell me if I can do it or not (if you allow me to do it or not).

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

I don't know if his word can be considered final or decisive on this subject, so I posted here to get a definite answer.

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 01:42:53 pm by PPK »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 06:34:04 pm »

You should work with JcFerggy on it, if you wish to do this (you write it, he will formatt it on the wiki). I will greenlight it when its done, dont post it on here, make a notepad or something and feel free to PM it to me.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 07:01:47 pm »

@Wake: Ok then. I posted here just to know if you wanted me to do it, as Sharp said. It was just to  get your green light.
When it is done, I'll provide you and JcFerggy with the document.

BTW, thank you for this opportunity. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up