GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:09:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 07/22/12 Delaying v4.2 + Caverns + Loading Screens  (Read 46303 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Re: GES Update 07/22/12 Delaying v4.2 + Caverns + Loading Screens
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 06:24:36 am »

A mention of that in the PR report would have been nice Wake.  However, Gabbo pointed out there will be another PR report before 4.2 so no worries.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 07:24:54 am »

The loading bar is displayed discretely in the lower right corner.

That's wonderful. Just out of curiosity: who was the person/people who worked on the graphics for the loading screens? I really like the style and the work he/she/they developed.

Devs just want to be credited for their hard work.

The team knows that, I'm sure, but if they'd would really do that, they'd have a huge list every time one of these announcements came up. Personally, I think that when they post one of these announcements, they speak for the whole when they say "we". Sure, one person or another may get a specific mention of their name but that's because they were the "chief architects" of what's being displayed, without any depreciation for the work done by everyone else. If you seek to be credited for every single thing you do when you're working on a team, then you don't really know what means working on a team. That is to say that, if you're doing all the work and everyone else is slacking around, you should probably get the credit, but I'm pretty sure it is not the case here.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 08:28:17 am »

That's wonderful. Just out of curiosity: who was the person/people who worked on the graphics for the loading screens? I really like the style and the work he/she/they developed.

Mr.Mangley
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 02:24:47 pm »

A mention of that in the PR report would have been nice Wake.  However, Gabbo pointed out there will be another PR report before 4.2 so no worries.
So you're telling us... that ANOTHER PR report is coming out before the release, which means now we have to wait longer.....?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 04:42:11 pm »

Devs just want to be credited for their hard work.

That is very true, however, I could sit here and say that Caverns I want all credit for, however, I would have to mention all the hard work the team put into the map aswell, 4tex with optomisation help and textures, as well as kraid with models, and textures, CC for his help, and the list would continue on forever. Thats why its a team project!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 04:49:02 pm »

So you're telling us... that ANOTHER PR report is coming out before the release, which means now we have to wait longer.....?
[img]http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy163/saidaisuke9/FUUU.png[img]
Just take a deep breath.

terps4life90

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 06:13:37 pm »

All the servers are up again for all games. valve fixed the problem.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 06:43:32 pm »

exciting

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 07:02:03 pm »

All the servers are up again for all games. valve fixed the problem.

Roger, even if Valve had not fixed the problem, the devs weren't done making 4.2 yet.  I think it would have been delayed either way.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

terps4life90

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 07:05:14 pm »

Roger, even if Valve had not fixed the problem, the devs weren't done making 4.2 yet.  I think it would have been delayed either way.

I didn't know they weren't done.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 07:41:23 pm »

Delaying is, more often than not, a positive thing. Like everything that's good in life, it's best not to rush things if you want to gratify others.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 07:54:10 pm »

Delaying is, more often than not, a positive thing. Like everything that's good in life, it's best not to rush things if you want to gratify others.

please dont tell me I have to wait 13 years for v4.2  :-D

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 02:18:56 am »

please dont tell me I have to wait 13 years for v4.2  :-D

Nah i think that V4.2 should be released in 2 weeks...personally i was thinking why not release it to coincided with the 50th annavisary of James Bond but then agian i think sooner will be better..

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2012, 04:09:29 am »

Like everything good in life, it requires a tub of Vaseline if you want to gratify yourself and others.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2012, 06:37:00 am »

Like everything good in life, it requires a tub of Vaseline if you want to gratify yourself and others.

Only you proxie, only you.

Two of my favorite lines from you:

"I'm black, hang me"
"Bend over, your face does not interest me"

Only these would come from you as well...

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up