GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:02:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Sprays  (Read 35438 times)

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
Re: Sprays
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 05:31:18 pm »

-.- still nothing.... I don't see how this could be this complicated.. I'm using PSPx2 (fully paid for no trial) and i dont have the .tga extension.. AND i'm not looking for transparency.. just... a nice picture... with my name on it.. i wanna do it the harder way because it just looks horrid options>multi player>spray...

:-/ I'm never a noob with these things.. just.. :-/ Those tut's are for Photo Shoppers.. i'm "A Paint Shop Pro-er"..

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 05:58:25 pm »

:-/ I'm never a noob with these things.. just.. :-/ Those tut's are for Photo Shoppers.. i'm "A Paint Shop Pro-er"..

Then use VTFEdit. It creates .vtf and .vmt files which are used for textures on the Source engine (vtf stands for Valve Texture File and vmt stands for Valve Material File; it's just to explain the extension's name's).

For that you only need to create your spray in the format you like (dunno if VTFEdit supports Paint Shop Pro's file types; to be sure, save it in .jpeg) and then open that image with VTFEdit. After doing that, just save it with the name you want and it will create the appropriate files. To make them work in-game, place the .vtf and the .vmt files in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\SouceMods\gessource\materials\VGUI\logos (substitute C for another letter if appropriate). Also, copy your .vmt file into \VGUI\logos\UI.

Get VTFEdit here.

Hope it helped!

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 07:23:08 pm »

For that you only need to create your spray in the format you like (dunno if VTFEdit supports Paint Shop Pro's file types; to be sure, save it in .jpeg) and then open that image with VTFEdit. After doing that, just save it with the name you want and it will create the appropriate files. To make them work in-game, place the .vtf and the .vmt files in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\SouceMods\gessource\materials\VGUI\logos (substitute C for another letter if appropriate). Also, copy your .vmt file into \VGUI\logos\UI.

Get VTFEdit here.

Hope it helped!

Awesome Thanks... I save and i only get one file  sp1nn3y.vtf..? no .vmt... i DO apologize lol i read it a fair bit of times.. but i'd like to get this right :D

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 07:47:55 pm »

I completely understand mate, no problem. It should automatically create a vmt file as well. Should go like this:

First of all, translation because my OS is in Portuguese (my language): Guardar = Save, Os Meus Documentos = My Documents, Abrir com... = Open with..., Escolher programa = Choose program

Open the image you want to make a spray of with VTFEdit.

Press Ok.

Go to the File tab and press Save.

Type the name of the file you want where "yournamehere" is. then Press Save and that's it!

The .vtf and .vmt files are surrounded by a black box. It was assembled in MS Paint in a hurry, sorry for that.

If it is not working this way, then unfortunately I don't know what is the matter. You'll have to consult the author's website to figure out a solution. In the meantime, if you need that spray bad, attach the file that I'll convert it and then post back here.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 08:39:26 pm »

Why do you make this so complicated?

"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 09:05:25 pm »

@VC: is that Paint Shop Pro?

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 09:13:01 pm »

nope.. its the GIMP :P

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 09:17:20 pm »

nope.. its the GIMP :P

Ok then. I posted that because Sp1nn3y sad he only had Paint Shop Pro and that was the only way I knew how to get the sprays working without using Photoshop or the GIMP.

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 09:19:00 pm »

GET PHOTOSHOP NAO!!!  ;D

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 09:23:44 pm »

GET PHOTOSHOP NAO!!!  ;D

I have that expensive piece of professional software, it's Sp1nn3y that doesn't.

Funny thing, the word you wrote, NAO (as if it was now), translates to Portuguese as not, minus the graphical accent ~ (in Portuguese, not is não).

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 09:51:33 pm »

y halo thar zomg moar nao plz kthx
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2009, 09:56:05 pm »

Yeah i was doing that..and it is only giving me one extension and not the other. :-/ his site isnt showing me much either

i just attached it :-/ too much of a pain

thanks for the help though :D and viash..... thanks...? :-p

What Photoshops are ya'll using? i might as well look into it
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:57:53 pm by Sp1nn3y »

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 10:03:06 pm »

There you go. It's all done now. had to resize it to 256x256; it lost quality but that's the way it is. happened with all of my sprays. See if you can get the program working, it's really handy.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 10:03:32 pm »

Do I have to say it again? Paint.Net can save as TGA files, readable for sprays.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 10:06:22 pm »

Do I have to say it again? Paint.Net can save as TGA files, readable for sprays.

He doesn't have Paint.Net and I didn't even remember mentioning it. Either way, he already has it done. Now he can download all the image editing programs he want and add VTFEdit to his list of useful programs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up