Editing and Customization > Modding Help

Some Map Problems

<< < (3/4) > >>

Zippy:
So, how many more warehouse rooms do you think will be enough?

kraid:
Adding a few more rooms won't solve the problem, i think for multiplayer you have to recreate the whole thing in a different way.

A few suggestions which i got in my mind now:

1. Make the building much bigger
2. Throw away all the current props and lightning and stuff like this, do the basic Layout first.
3. Think of one big Storrage room with one or more big Rolldoors at one side and a lot of smaller rooms on the other side,
maybe a crane to lift heavy crates or whole containers.
Have a second level in that Building with some kind of controlroom and some ramps and higher plattforms for a loading area on the groundfloor. What about a freight elevator, but only if you can put in a reason for it too, like a Big storage room beyond the mainroom where are the most of the Crates and containers in.
For this you can use a lot of crates and containers but don't put them in randomly, create stacks with them and shape out the ways between, think like: there has to be a way through for the Forklifter too.
If there is a big crane in the mainroom do a openable Trapdoor for the Containers, so theoretically, if this were a real Warehouse, the containers which come by Truck or Train would be draged by the crane and droped through the hole in the ground.
So there are also some neat ideas for the outside enviroment:
Start with a Street heading away from the building, have a Big Gate at the end and the street going a bit further then making a curve.
That way you can add some more buildings outside the gate (maybe other nonaccessable Warehouses) and have the end of the road disapearing from the players view.
There could be also the rail of a train don't need to be much, just let the player see the last few meters of it, the rest is hidden from the players view by the building. (these things will make your map appearing bigger then it is)

But be aware, this is a really big task. you should start somewhat smaller, like with the recreation of another allready existing multiplayer map maybe from another bond game.
There were also some pretty fun maps in Nightfire, Rouge Agent or Perfect Dark which could be recreated for this game.

major:
Thought I'd ask here cause this is something zippy could use maybe in the future. But is there a way to make a Light like parent a moving object?

I have a elevator in this old map I thought I'd start back up again, but I can't figure out a good way to light it.

Using OrangeBox(Beta3) hammer setup if that matters.

Currently using the old 3 light technique.

kraid:
well, possible yea, but it should always be used with extreme caution in source.

To attache something, you have to name the entity which should be parent and then...
well, fill the name into the patent parameter of the thing you wanna attache.

For Light it has to be a light_dynamic entity, i'm not sure if a texture light would also work well.

Zippy:
Well, what level do you want to see remade? I won't watch a James Bond for a map, sorry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version