GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:24:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down

Author Topic: [Level] ge_siberia_cc  (Read 87831 times)

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
Re: ge_siberia_cc - Released
« Reply #255 on: January 06, 2012, 09:16:07 am »

Ah, so that's what you meant! No, I couldn't see that.

PS: You could have waited to take a screenshot when I wasn't being owned by Mijy.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #256 on: January 06, 2012, 10:16:49 am »

PS: You could have waited to take a screenshot when I wasn't being owned by Mijy.

Then he would of never had the chance to take it.

Yeah I don't see this either. Low settings strikes again.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #257 on: January 06, 2012, 12:27:57 pm »

Ah, so that's what you meant! No, I couldn't see that.

I think you couldn't see them because you had either bloom or HDR enabled; I think those two cover up that gap.

I play on the lowest settings possible because I can't stand anything below 40 FPS at all time and this is the only way to stay above that (I'm not upgrading a 5 year-old laptop).

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #258 on: January 06, 2012, 01:11:04 pm »

I found these two small "problems" the other day while playing on Spectrum's server:

I think you can only see the gaps on lower settings because I asked the people in the server and they said they could see nothing.
I believe this is a driver problem. Had these skybox lines on and off with various games and various graphics cards.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #259 on: January 06, 2012, 04:04:48 pm »

I don't have these lines, but I play maxed out.

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #260 on: January 06, 2012, 04:06:27 pm »

I don't have these lines.

I made a reference to my low settings. That's why I see them; if you have HDR or bloom enabled, it's possible you don't see them because they cover the gaps.

I believe this is a driver problem. Had these skybox lines on and off with various games and various graphics cards.

Everything runs fine here, everywhere, except for Siberia. It's not something terribly important, of course. just a very minor thing I spotted. The rest looks fine, except for the huge size :D.

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #261 on: January 06, 2012, 06:13:11 pm »

I made a reference to my low settings. That's why I see them; if you have HDR or bloom enabled, it's possible you don't see them because they cover the gaps.

Everything runs fine here, everywhere, except for Siberia. It's not something terribly important, of course. just a very minor thing I spotted. The rest looks fine, except for the huge size :D .

It's odd, I also play/test on extremely low settings and haven't seen the gaps in the skybox before.

why not creating a footprint-decal and stamp it in the snow?
Yes, yes we should.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 06:14:50 pm by Gabbo »

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #262 on: January 06, 2012, 09:17:07 pm »

Actually, footprints would be so cool if they stayed long enough, you could make good use of them to locate the enemy, much more fun than using the radar.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #263 on: January 06, 2012, 09:22:14 pm »

It's odd, I also play/test on extremely low settings and haven't seen the gaps in the skybox before.

DirectX 8.1? I have DX9 but I force 8.1

Yeah, I know, I'm crazy. The truth is everything runs so smoothly now.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #264 on: January 06, 2012, 10:02:38 pm »

Try "r_3dsky 1" in the console.

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #265 on: January 06, 2012, 10:58:34 pm »

Yeah, I know, I'm crazy. The truth is everything runs so smoothly now.
On the test machine, 9.

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
« Reply #266 on: January 09, 2012, 04:58:23 pm »

Are you on Unix, or just using a GPU from the stone age? :P

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #267 on: January 09, 2012, 06:06:10 pm »

Are you on Unix, or just using a GPU from the stone age? :P

Last I checked, 2006 wasn't the Stone Age. It can handle DX9 mighty fine (read that again) but I prefer to force 8.1 since I don't dig occasional slideshows of crowded GES firefights.

Try "r_3dsky 1" in the console.

I'll try that, even if I have no idea what it does.

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
« Reply #268 on: January 09, 2012, 07:50:27 pm »

Last I checked, 2006 wasn't the Stone Age. [since you like to go that way, may I remind you that silicon is actually made from stone?] It can handle DX9 mighty fine (read that again) but I prefer to force 8.1 since I don't dig occasional slideshows of crowded GES firefights.
That's kind of odd, since any API (like D3D) is JIT compiled to shaders with current drivers.

Your CPU sucks balls :-D

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #269 on: January 09, 2012, 08:56:28 pm »

I have a couple of Intel Celerons you can have, PPK! Anyhoo. Saint, I absolutely love the map. It's an incredible feat all around, and my personal favorite touch is the little easter egg with the vent shaft and more importantly the exploding props.

Kudos to you. I can't wait to get back out there.

...and I just realized that I pretty much said the same thing twice. Wow.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:58:02 pm by Ruone Delacroix »
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up