GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 07:52:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Bug] quote system (forums)  (Read 3589 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
[Bug] quote system (forums)
« on: July 29, 2012, 11:54:56 pm »

I've realized that when you quote someone and not use the quick reply, it removes the end tag.  This results in your reply being mucked together with the quote. >:(
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:20:09 am by major »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: [Bug] quote system (forums)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 09:28:25 am »

I've realized that when you quote someone and not use the quick reply, it removes the end tag.  This results in your reply being mucked together with the quote. >:(

Nope, it doesn't.

EDIT: in response to the posts below, I'm browsing the forums on the latest stable release of FF (14.0.1)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:47:17 am by PPK »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 09:47:17 am »

I encounter the same nonsense, actually, and it occurs in Preview as well. The forum* also has a habit of inserting and removing empty lines, and screwing with text size.
Assumed I was the only one. I can't see a pattern either; it just acts up when it wants.

*I presume it's a combination of forum and browser, etc.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:03:51 am by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 10:30:13 am »

I've also encountered this when I've edited a quoted post.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 07:24:18 pm »

Hm, I always just chalked the posts that are in somebody else's quote up to user error. I don't think I've had that problem yet with firefox.

It's usually a pretty easy bug to fix if you proofread your posts though.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 09:22:56 pm »

It's usually a pretty easy bug to fix if you proofread your posts though.

Not when after you insert the closing tag it removes it again, and continues to do so indefinitely. When this happens all you can do is scrap the post and start over. It usually happens when editing a post with a quote in it; if you get it right the first time you don't have to deal with this.
On that note, I personally haven't had the quote issue for quite a while, but the random formatting I mentioned is still there.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:26:37 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 05:26:42 am »

Nope, it doesn't.

EDIT: in response to the posts below, I'm browsing the forums on the latest stable release of FF (14.0.1)

Yes it does :)

Something wrong and needs to be checked.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 10:04:15 am »

Yes it does :)

Something wrong and needs to be checked.

I always speak for meself, ya know.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 06:08:39 pm »

I always speak for meself, ya know.

hahahaha yea

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 11:06:47 am »

I believe the WYSIWYG editor was causing the issues with the quote tags. I have disabled that editor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up