GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:20:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SSL's Blog #2: ge_library  (Read 63600 times)

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
Re: SSL's Blog #2: ge_library
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2013, 07:05:27 pm »

Ah okay.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2013, 12:49:48 am »

...oh yeah...

The lighting is sexy as fuck Jon!

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2013, 10:43:29 am »

you will love SSL's library. just look at these awesome pictures. you get the feeling, right? on Dec. 20th, the dream will come true  8)

...oh yeah...

...oh yeah...

...feels so good...

...baby...

...baby yeaaahhhh!

My God, it looks so beautiful its like waking up next to a blonde Jayden James :D

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2013, 10:46:32 am »

nah in all seriousness this looks like a really beautiful map :)
it is really detailed and you did a great job Johnathan- i really hope that you will continue on it :)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2013, 03:08:40 pm »

3 days left - I`m so excited!
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2013, 03:39:20 pm »

3 days left til what?  4.3? :P

• Secret Agent
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2013, 04:53:14 pm »

I don't think it's till 4.3 since according to the progress tracker, they only at 37% done....unless they just having been updating the tracker, though I remember the bug of the invisible weapon not being rejected until recently.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2013, 06:25:37 pm »

I know exactly what you mean. the funhouse took me almost 3 years until I felt satisfied. and in the end the fun of the work turned into madness.

but you shouldn't just give up on that map, you're almost THERE. and I want that map. everybody wants that map. the mod needs your map right now. and if you can't work without a deadline, I´ll give you one:

OK SSL, let's make this clear: this goddamn map is almost finished and it already looks beautiful. Now, take your chance and finish the basic structures like walls/ceilings, so that it's sealed! JAB JAB! Then add some more detail to plain zones and it will be fine. Do you understand? IT WILL BE FINE. FINE!!! And I want to see results next month, on December, the 20th. THIS IS YOUR DEADLINE. MAY THE FORUM BE MY WITNESS. Do it now or never! Before Christmas day, I want to test the final version and murder someone in your library! You wouldn't let me down, would ya?
and once it's finished I congratulate you to one hell of a map, ok?
  8)
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

• Secret Agent
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2013, 06:43:32 pm »

Ah, not I understand. xD

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2013, 12:10:14 am »

Yes, the map is not out yet. There's still a lot of TINY things to fix - but it's 90% done and I'm so excited and thankful that you guys will be playing it when v4.3 gets released. My imagination has been like a freight train with out brakes lately and I've gotten more of this map completed in the last week than I have in the past two years. I made a video for you guys to get an idea of what you're going to get to play soon. Enjoy!

Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2013, 04:51:34 am »

Holy crap.

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2013, 05:57:50 am »

People will remember of that video for centuries.. DAMN

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2013, 08:45:52 am »

THAT'S a library! damn, it looks sexy as fuck!  I really appreciate your hard work. You hit the home stretch, so steer the course and finish this monster soon. I think it's not a wrong thing to claim that all of us are veeeery excited to play the map.

Ah, by the way: wouldn't it be nice to see this awesome video on the front page as a little christmas gift for the players?

Or another media update which features the official SSL's library video trailer as well as some community stuff like Sam Colt's maps twine_mi6_sc and ge_garrison, Peroxwhy?gen's ge_depot, my Scaramanga's funhouse map and ge_desert_temple, ge_pipes, ge_void and ge_lunar_cradle by ES.
I think these maps are solid enough to keep the players busy during the holidays.
You could also mention your classic-mode-plans and the new features to come with 4.3.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 09:45:23 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Rick Astley

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2013, 09:35:11 am »

Yes, the map is not out yet. There's still a lot of TINY things to fix - but it's 90% done and I'm so excited and thankful that you guys will be playing it when v4.3 gets released. My imagination has been like a freight train with out brakes lately and I've gotten more of this map completed in the last week than I have in the past two years. I made a video for you guys to get an idea of what you're going to get to play soon. Enjoy!

Man it looks awesome :) the trailer is also very well made :D i cant wait to play this map
you have done an amazing job SSL :)

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2013, 11:40:21 am »

Very nicely done!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up