GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 04:21:07 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goodbye Nickster  (Read 209281 times)

kidx

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • kidx has no influence.
Re: Goodbye Nickster
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2011, 11:29:24 am »

Goodbye Nickster.Thanks for making GES you shall be remembered for making the best mod to date for source engine.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:39:34 am by kidx »

ChronoSKitz

• A portal
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ChronoSKitz has no influence.
    • Chronetic
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2012, 02:05:49 am »

It's been over 5 years now. We'll never forget you Nick, or this wonderful thing you gave us.

Edit: Sorry, I incorrectly added.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:29:16 am by ChronoSKitz »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2012, 02:22:14 am »

Sadly six years here pretty soon.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

terps4life90

« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2012, 02:53:11 am »

I never knew you Nickster, but I wish i could shake your hand and tell you thank you for creating Goldeneye Source. You will never be forgotten.

liamcadhain

« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2012, 02:09:16 pm »

Gone but not forgotten, Rest in Peace Nickster

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2012, 06:00:40 pm »

I wish I could have met him, but the legacy lives on.
Completed: twine_mi6_sc, 1138_hangout, ge_garrison

kant.think.str8

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • kant.think.str8 has no influence.
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2012, 05:01:10 pm »

I remember the great times we all were a part of together. I remember the hours we would spend on MSN just chatting it up. You were such a great guy to talk to and an excellent mind to bounce ideas off of, both about and outside of the mod. 6 years later and I still remember you bud. Almost like it was yesterday. You truly will never be forgotten. I think you would be very proud of what the team has developed. Thanks for the impact you made on our lives. Rest in Peace.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2012, 02:24:39 pm »

Thought i'd put this up, at 2:15 Nickster comes into view, kills Ourumov then runs out again. Looks like good times, shame I didn't know anything about the mod back then, I would like to have known him.

http://youtu.be/UnKnd_HhA5c?t=2m10s

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2012, 07:12:20 pm »

Thought i'd put this up, at 2:15 Nickster comes into view, kills Ourumov then runs out again. Looks like good times, shame I didn't know anything about the mod back then, I would like to have known him.

http://youtu.be/UnKnd_HhA5c?t=2m10s

I remember making that video haha. (I used to be in -[JS]- as HELL_razor, then later changed to mbsurfer, thankfully)
The first alpha release was a lot of fun, especially with the Backzone glitch where you would knife the metal table on top of the spawn point inside the lab area looking over the gas cylinders, and whenever someone would spawn in there they wouldn't spawn with weapons. All of -[JS]- would hold them inside the room, and block the door so they wouldn't get out. Then everyone else on the server would try to open the door and rescue them. There would be huge gun fights at that door, and yelling over the microphone to let the -[JS]- clan members back into the room after dying. "LET ME IN! LET ME IN!!"

Good memories <3

RIP Nickster

matzo3

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • matzo3 has no influence.
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2012, 10:41:37 pm »

Nickster, I know in my heart that you made it through the Carnival, and that the Wraith welcomed you to Shangri-La. We will all miss you, but we will keep going, because I know you would want us to.
You will never be forgotten, and I, along with many, many others, will make sure of that.

On behalf of my fellow Juggalo gamers, and Brony gamers, I give you my prayer, along with 2 Whoops and a Brohoof.

Rest In Peace, and try not to have TOO much fun in Shangri-La!

Yours Truly,
Matt (AKA Matzo3)

Moufisto

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Moufisto has no influence.
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2012, 08:38:07 am »

Salutations, Nickster..
This mod is legendary among mods I've witnessed, and beats the shit out of all those crappy remakes i've seen
companies try officially on Goldeneye.

Not even jokeing.

Rest in peace. = (

MultiplayerX

• HACKER! / Indie Mapper / Half Life 2 Scientologist
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.
    • Code Legends
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2014, 04:32:14 pm »

I am brand new to ge source and I know this thread is very old but I would like to send out MUCH respect to the family of Nickster.
This touched my heart with tears. We WILL NOT forget you or allow this great mod to die. THANK YOU for all of your dedication to all of us.  ~MultiplayerX  hacker/modder : shootersforever.com and goldeneyevault.com

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2014, 10:30:22 pm »

While I have been playing Source for two years, it's still very sad to know Nick died at a young age and while this mod was in it's early stages. Like always when it comes to mods and hacks, I'm late, but thanks Nick for starting this mod, and hope you're resting in peace.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up