GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 07:10:11 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Achievement Ideas  (Read 81132 times)

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
Re: Achievement Ideas
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2009, 07:35:33 am »

We do not want to give away all the hidden achievements.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2009, 10:08:36 am »

Russian Roulette: kill someone with the Cougar Magnum while having only one bullet left in the drum.

Meliadoul2k

• Pretty Gangsta Myself
  • Secret Agent
  • Meliadoul2k has no influence.
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2009, 02:50:53 am »

Are the achievements going to show on the stats page?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2009, 04:03:44 am »

No, unfortunately in Valve's short sightedness to the mod community, they have not implemented the ability of a mod to connect to their steamworks crap. This means that we can't store your achievements ANYWHERE except your own computer. This means if you play GES on multiple computers you should take your gamestate.txt file with you. All this will be explained on the release docs in the wiki.

Meliadoul2k

• Pretty Gangsta Myself
  • Secret Agent
  • Meliadoul2k has no influence.
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2009, 04:38:14 am »

No, unfortunately in Valve's short sightedness to the mod community, they have not implemented the ability of a mod to connect to their steamworks crap. This means that we can't store your achievements ANYWHERE except your own computer. This means if you play GES on multiple computers you should take your gamestate.txt file with you. All this will be explained on the release docs in the wiki.
That's really unfortunate, it would be so cool if you could do that.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2009, 04:44:51 am »

I'm not suprised, though. I wouldn't want to let zillions of noob "devs" dump countless achiements into my database. E.g., someone would make Achivement Grind: Source, a game where everything you do counts toward an achievement, just to see how much it takes to overload the database.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2009, 02:12:01 pm »

I wouldn't want to let zillions of noob "devs" dump countless achievements into my database.

It makes perfect sense, but VALVe should allow mods developers who ask them to put achievements on Steam. That way they could control who makes the achievements and prevent situations like the one you described.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2009, 02:54:49 pm »

When Valve is ready they might; they are picking up distro for a few mods they like.  But they will ask mods, not mods ask them.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2009, 04:27:39 pm »

When Valve is ready they might; they are picking up distro for a few mods they like.  But they will ask mods, not mods ask them.

Glad they are thinking about that. That way, VALVe gets less e-mails on their inbox.

Another one:
Sitting Duck: earn "Longest Innings" for 5 rounds in a row and score at least 10 kills.
Feel free to alter this one as it suits you the most.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 11:56:28 am by PPK »

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2009, 03:20:57 pm »

Those are some good ideas. I guess I could come up with a few. Though I'm horrid at names.

* Insert lame mine pun here*: Kill X amount of people with a single mine.

Something about Stealth: Kill 5 people in a row without taking damage using a silenced weapon.

Bond move: Kill multiple people with a prop (probably the explosive barrels in Facility Backzone).
Mine achievement: "Watch your step" or "Detonator" or "Demoman"
Stealth achievement: "Silenced but deadly" or "Non-smoking gun"
Explosive barrel achievement: "Do you know where you are?" or "Know your battleground" or "I wasn't aiming for you!"

And here are a few I've come up with just now:
Ghostly-Kill 20 people with the Phantom
Just like the Old West-Kill 30 people with the Revolver
Iron Chef-Kill 10 people with the Hunting Knife
In the hole/Hole-in-one/Died in grave/Not afraid of heights-Die by falling off the catwalks on Cradle and into the pit at the bottom, the actual pit, not any of the other parts of the ground!
Die another day...and again...and again-Press F8 twice after being killed by anything else than suicide.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2009, 04:52:00 am »

In light of what's all going on in that oter thread, I think I'll just start posting my ideas here.

Anyway, what if there were achievements for winning a match on each map? It may be a little Team Fortress 2-ish, but it's something to throw out there.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
  • WatchMyTrace has no influence.
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2009, 06:45:35 am »

Along with the 'I am invincible' achievement (which i happen to have just earned thank you very much  ;D)  How about character specific achievements for each of the characters?

Don't know if this has already been brought up, way to many posts to read here.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2009, 09:06:25 am »

Baron Samedi - 100 suicides

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2009, 02:04:32 am »

Tomorrow Never Dies - Win a match playing only a maximum of half the match's rounds (basically saying that even if you missed out that there's always tomorrow, or in this case, more rounds).

From Russia With Love could be the name for Ourumov's achievement if he gets one.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2009, 05:09:51 am »

The other characters will get achievements in the NEXT patch / achievement release after 3.1. They won't be award based achievements like the current ones are.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up