GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:55:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just bought a server from Jestservers  (Read 4063 times)

Angelsx10

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Angelsx10 has no influence.
Just bought a server from Jestservers
« on: September 15, 2016, 07:05:20 am »

Hello, I am new to the server managing for Goldeneye Source and I was wondering if I could be able to use some sort of Remote Manager for the game.  I am running Windows 10 64-bit.  I want to be able to edit server files and maps.  I used to run a Battlefield 1942 server and someone cam out with a Remote Server Mamanger so you can change things for the server using Windows.  I would think that the same thing would be fore this game?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Just bought a server from Jestservers
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 08:47:34 am »

If you're using Jest servers, one easy way is you can use the online "Server Status and Administration" tool in your TCADMIN page.

Should look something like this:

Then you can type commands to the server from this, like so:

Only sad part of this is you can't see what people in game are saying and such. Someone might have a better permanent solution, but this will get you by till some other 3rd party system is installed.

You can also edit files from the "File Manager" section where you clicked on "Server Status and Administration". But quicker and easier to setup a ftp to the server (I use FileZilla) and edit files and just save from there to the server.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Angelsx10

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 09:05:58 am »

When I do the cvarlist ge and then type in the password, it says "No results were returned" in red letters.

Edit: I was also hoping someone can tell me to set the server to only run (Arsenal as default) maps and only selected maps I choose.  Along with weapon choices.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 06:33:43 pm by Angelsx10 »

Angelsx10

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 02:26:17 am »

I think I found something.  On the gameplaycycle.txt, I got rid of everything but Arsenal.  On mapcycle.txt, I chose what I wanted to for maps.  Is there something I am missing?  Because the server still refuses to accept what I changes even after I restarted it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up