GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:52:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GE:S 4.2 Community Map Pack: The Darkness Within (Preview)  (Read 12310 times)

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
GE:S 4.2 Community Map Pack: The Darkness Within (Preview)
« on: February 05, 2014, 05:41:29 am »

Fellow Community members,
Unfortunately GE:S hasn't received any new maps in a while, so thanks to Patriota [1138], we've decided to bring back maps as a little remembrance of our v4.1 days!

Introducing The Darkness Within Map Pack!
This map pack includes two of the maps that were played in Perfect Dark, revamped and re-textured for v4.2!

Perfect Dark: Ravine

A fun map with jumps and turns that can totally throw you off from your gameplay!

Perfect Dark: Felicity

The fan favorite to GoldenEye is now back from Perfect Dark! ;)

As we prepare the files to release the map pack to the public you can try it first, right now on the [1138] Server.
[1138] -HLstatsX:CE-Custom Sets-Chicago-FUN!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 04:07:43 pm by TriDefiance »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: GE:S 4.2 Community Map Pack: The Darkness Within (Preview)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 05:43:11 am »

YES, Fecility! I've been waiting on this one for so long.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 06:26:41 am »

Felicity, I ported but never released. Ravine I ported and is on the [1138] server, but is nominate-only because the level design doesn't totally fit GE:S' gameplay.

Still nice to see Felicity back, though!

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 02:56:04 pm »

Ravin is the only map that wasn't allready in GES. The reason you mentioned above, unsuitable for GES.
The others, felicity, villa and complex were ported a few versions ago, even before 4.1 - i have to know.

The maps were ported with permission of the PDS team (or at least the members i was able to get in touch with like Gectou4).
They're not recompiled, only edited to work with GES and all the custom content packed into the bsp.

Since then a lot of changes were made to GES with tokens, teamplay and bot support and since the maps were taken from an ep1 game without HDR, it might be a good idea to refurbish these maps and bring them up to the new standards.

But please do it properly and also include credit for the original creators.
If you run into issues with them, feel free to contact me on steam or with PM.

Also, since you're creating a PD mappack, you should also include the rest of the PD maps that were created by community members of GES (carrington institute, grid, pipes, desert temple,...)

I just wish there would be a (working) way to include custom playermodels, ammo crates or even weapon skins (not functionality) just on these maps. Would be somewhat like what PD did with the classic weapons cheat but vice verse.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 08:08:27 pm »

Also, since you're creating a PD mappack, you should also include the rest of the PD maps that were created by community members of GES (carrington institute, grid, pipes, desert temple,...)

For sure, it would be great to see them all brought up to standard and re-released, waited a long time for Grid to get fixed but it unfortunately never happened which was a real shame as it was such a gorgeous looking map.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 12:29:32 am »

wow felicity reminds me so much of the lair of the shadow broker dlc for mass effect 2...or should it be the otherway around (depending when the PDSource team created the map)

Ravine looks cool :)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 06:08:51 am »

I like how a release date was promised but never fulfilled.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 04:08:28 pm »

I like how a release date was promised but never fulfilled.

I love how impatient you are. Life has curveballs and you never know what you're going to expect. Not all things revolve around you. Anyways download is up.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 07:01:39 pm »

Whoa now. The included music scripts only use three music tracks each but you have 17 different MP3s bloating the archive by about 100MB. That's a huge waste of our time and bandwidth.

Also, Felicity is fullbright and it looks like the cubemaps aren't built.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 07:05:47 pm by soupcan »

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 07:58:51 pm »

Why why why why why!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm sorry if you put a lot of work into this...but there was a reason these maps were left behind
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:00:51 pm by Entropy-Soldier »
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 01:44:26 am »

I love how impatient you are. Life has curveballs and you never know what you're going to expect. Not all things revolve around you. Anyways download is up.

If you're going to promise a date to the community, you need to see it through.  It said in the post, we could try them out on the 1138 server.  Therefore, I don't see a reason for the delay or giving me an attitude.  I don't even plan on playing these maps.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:48:22 am by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

MultiplayerX

• HACKER! / Indie Mapper / Half Life 2 Scientologist
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.
    • Code Legends
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 04:08:51 am »

THANK YOU! They look incredible. Great work   8)

Barefoot Girl

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Barefoot Girl has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 12:17:16 am »

Bots wont load on Ravine... Will there be a fix?
Pages: [1]   Go Up