GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:17:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Explosion Marks are Squares  (Read 3518 times)

terps4life90

Explosion Marks are Squares
« on: October 02, 2011, 10:07:38 pm »

For some odd reason, first time it happen to me, i joined a wnx server, and started playing and i happen to notice that all the explosion marks were squares lol :D I'm not really sure why though. Here are some screen shots.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002773595/screenshot/558669287175545171?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002773595/screenshot/558669287175546712?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002773595/screenshot/558669287175543593?tab=public

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: Explosion Marks are Squares
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 10:38:14 pm »

You must be HACKING! :P

That is a new one for me. I assume you have done the basic restart, and re-downloading the materials folder?

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

terps4life90

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 11:46:51 pm »

Lol i wish i new how to hack :D, yeah i did all that, and it fixed the problem, but still not sure why it did it.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 12:37:46 am »

Most likely because of your graphic drivers messing up at some points.
Similar stuff happens to me once in a while in different games.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 12:53:25 am »

You probably minimized the game whilst the materials were loading and the engine failed to load the alpha masks. If you look closely you should also see those hazard signs on the walls are not masked and have a square outline too.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 12:56:11 am »

Odd things can happen with textures and decals. A lot of oddities come after a alt-tab. Sometimes when I alt-tab I get red bullet decals.

Dang you mang, got the jump on me ;)
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 04:38:28 am »

lol@beta1 picture

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 05:02:29 am »

*beta3
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 05:04:57 am »

*beta3

Ah, early build of beta 3...got it. Before I was a tester..

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 09:56:44 am »

lol@159 frames.

That is so 2008. Now I get like..

100 MILLION Frames!

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 03:35:33 pm »

Odd things can happen with textures and decals. A lot of oddities come after a alt-tab. Sometimes when I alt-tab I get red bullet decals.

Dang you mang, got the jump on me ;)

could it be that a player got stuck in the box by some bug? so you shot him and thus the blood appears. hes prob dead inside lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up