GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:24:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Textures Not Displaying Properly  (Read 7548 times)

Mustang11

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Mustang11 has no influence.
Textures Not Displaying Properly
« on: July 21, 2017, 03:53:57 pm »

I've been experiencing some issues with textures rendering improperly. Mainly this problem occurs with all weapons, some props (vehicles, crates, etc) and several characters including Bond and the Soviet Guards/Infantry. It occurs on multiple maps - Some screenshots of Depot are attached.

I've tried changing every combination of in game texture and resolution settings imaginable with no luck. I’m currently playing using Crossover (wine) on an Mac Pro 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 10gb RAM, and an ATI Radeon HD 5770 1gb graphics card.

Has anyone experienced an issue like this? Any suggestions on further troubleshooting?

Thanks,
Brian

JohnRDVSMarston

• Insania est arcanum
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Textures Not Displaying Properly
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 01:41:14 pm »

Look, I don't know much, but I think that happens because the computer has too many tasks at once. I say that because the same thing happened to me at Team Fortress 2, where doors disappeared or glitched out (and I have a problem in GE:S that a ge_facility door sometimes opens without the animation going, but since I believe that's on my end...). I tried to put antivirus in Silence Mode, stopped some subprocesses that doesn't go nowhere or that I never use (like Webcam) and that seemed to work it for me.

HOWEVER! Since the wrong movement could create problem on your PC, I suggest you wait for the next person. I do that because I don't have many options at my table and that miraculously worked. If a Dev says "That okay", then go for it; If not, then he'll probably have some thing or two to say.
Working around to be programmer, voice artist, designer, compositor and writer. If you want help, I'll be much obliged in helping you.

P.S: No, I'm not behind you with a bloody screwdriver. I'm a nice guy! >:D

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 02:18:49 am »

At a glance it looks like materials using phong exponent masks are being affected.

Please try adding -dxlevel 91 to your launch parameters for the mod to ensure the right version of Directx is being used.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Mustang11

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 03:44:14 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried adding -dxlevel 91 with no changes, the textures still are not showing up properly.

In the game settings I see the following with no other options to change to:

Hardware DirectX level: DirectX v9.0+
Software DirectX level: DirectX v9.0

Mustang11

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 04:39:12 pm »

One update - After adding -dxlevel 91 to the launch parameters I now see the following in the settings:

Hardware DirectX level: DirectX v9.1
Software DirectX level: DirectX v9.0

The textures however remain unchanged.
Pages: [1]   Go Up