GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:40:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blood Spatter  (Read 8173 times)

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • SuperFlyMenace has no influence.
Blood Spatter
« on: November 21, 2016, 10:38:51 pm »

Hey guys. Loving the hell out of this mod ever since I downloaded it. I noticed a big change between 4.2.4 and 5.0 in terms of the in game blood, and I have to say I really liked 4.2.4 better. It appeared heavier and darker on the player and the walls and looked awesome. Now it is barely there in terms of spatter on walls and blood spots in clothing. The impact spatter still looks good, though. I'm wondering if there is a way to fix that and go back to the 4.2.4 style. I tried to match files from 4.2.4 to 5.0 and 5.0 had 29 files with blood in their titles. 16 of them match in title to all 16 I found with 4.2.4. I'm not a programmer or anything but I've gotten to add music into the game files and install custom maps I've downloaded. Is there something I'm missing like a change in the program itself that the blood changed so drastically? Anyone else feel the same that can help shed some light on the subject for me?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Blood Spatter
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 04:52:03 pm »

4.2.4 was still using HL2's default blood that all Source engine mods use. For 5.0 we agreed we should try to hit on blood that looked more reminiscent of the graphic style of the original game.

If you want to go back to HL2 blood you can delete gesource\materials\decals\decals_mod2x.vtf and all of the blood decals in that folder and gesource_43\materials\decals\flesh. This will have the side effect of causing bullet holes on brush geometry to look like HL2 whilst models will still use the updated ones since decals for brush surfaces share the same texture.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 12:20:22 am »

Should of never been changed in the first place.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

SuperFlyMenace

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • SuperFlyMenace has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 12:32:42 am »

Hey Mangley! Thank you for the reply. I will try it later. I know it's not a big deal to the overall badassery of the update but I definitely prefer to see my victory painted on the wall with my opponents brains and blood. I definitely agree with you RogerMooreSucks. It was so perfect in my opinion. But overall I really believe that the programmers and artists have nailed everything else. The only other nitpic I have is with the ai performance with them getting stuck firing and in place and zooming away at random or feeling like hits aren't always registering with some machine guns. But still, this is by far my favorite thing to play.
Pages: [1]   Go Up