• Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bots  (Read 8379 times)

tg99

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • tg99 barely matters.tg99 barely matters.
    • Tactical Gaming
Bots
« on: August 06, 2012, 07:19:04 am »

On a number of times our server is filling up when bots once people humans leave....

Roadie [1138]: lol can't join the TG server because it's full of bots
Roadie [1138]: gotta fix that :D

is there a way to stop this it seems like a bug?
Signed:Media Department of Tactical Gaming,
Part of Department of Public Relations
Web: http://www.tacticalgaming.org

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Bots
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 07:35:26 am »

Disable bots. Or make the threshold low (like 1) It is a problem with valve and the way bots create.

We are hoping the problem gets solved on the engine side. This is not an issue we created.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:17:37 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

tg99

• Agent
    • Tactical Gaming
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 08:17:11 am »

Ok that sounds so cool but unforgettably i am not as smart as you when it comes to this please be detailed in how to do this and were i need to go what files i need to change what exe command i need to exe etc

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 10:38:10 am »

In valve.rc in the config folder, change ge_bot_threshold to 0

tg99

• Agent
    • Tactical Gaming
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 12:31:57 pm »

something is screwing up i have it set to 1 and its showing bots in the server when there not and showing 6/20 on my server when there are all human players in....

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 02:15:56 pm »

I don't quite follow.

Set it to 0 as a test to see. BTW you must restart the server after you change a setting.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 02:16:31 pm »

Yes that is the bug that Valve needs to fix.

tg99

• Agent
    • Tactical Gaming
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 02:40:43 pm »

I don't quite follow.

Set it to 0 as a test to see. BTW you must restart the server after you change a setting.

im not that dumb... i have never liked valves server set up so right now my server is full of bots and its set to one and i have to shut the server off to be able to join... grrrr.. So far i have been doing more work on my server then playing the game kinda is pissing me off

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 03:25:53 pm »

That's what happens when you're a server admin.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 06:05:26 pm »

tg99 why the sour attitude?

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 06:36:59 pm »

As we said just disable bots so players can join :) Easy fix for now.

make the bot value 0

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 07:01:13 pm »

I hope KM finds a work around for the bots problem.  I know he put a lot of work into them.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 07:11:59 pm »

Bots are impressive, it's a shame Valve have ruined it with this bug, I do hope they fix it.

Calystos

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Calystos has no influence.
    • Gamers For Gaming
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 03:14:31 am »

Yeah, this is a major problem for us too. Whenever all players leave the server and the bots get autokicked the server console says 0 players yet the client keeps incrementing the number and even sometimes goes way past the max number of players on the client servers list. Most tedious this bug.

Perhaps if the bots weren't auto kicked? Would the bug still happen if the bots stayed online even without players on?

Is there any means of making the bots stay on all the time, cept when the number of players connected meets the bots threshold number and the bots in turn get kicked for each player that joins (and hopefully not increment the above bug too of course) like it does on all other games (eg tf2, css, nd, etc) where theres additional bot control commands such as bot_kick, bot_join_after_player, bot_quota_mode, and so on.

Seems with every valve update they always bork loads up, like the recent tf2 mvm update which screwed things majorly for loads of servers and plugins (frequent crashes, etc). WTG Valve.

EDIT: Was just wondering, would creating a plugin that would monitor # players and thus add/kick bots (with the threshold set to 0 obviously) work and ignore this bug?  If I get time I'll hack one together this weekend or over next week and let you all know. If it works I shall of course release it on alliedmods & link here, :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 03:20:08 am by Calystos »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 04:05:55 am »

The bug has nothing to do with the way you add and remove the bots. Even a plug in cannot fix this one.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up