GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 12:27:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This may be a stupid question, but...  (Read 3847 times)

Conmore

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Conmore has no influence.
This may be a stupid question, but...
« on: June 13, 2012, 10:29:30 pm »

First of all, why don't we get the mod on Steam like Alien Swarm? I understand licensing, but that would be free advertising on Microsoft, Nintendo, and our parts. We would also get a MUCH better playerbase. And the achievements and news could be implemented, and the updates.

jjmusicnotes

Re: This may be a stupid question, but...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 10:52:19 pm »

I also think it's weird.  This mod has gotten a lot more press than dozens of other mods that have been hosted on steam.  I mean, it's been mentioned and reviewed in PC Gamer among other publications, what more would they need?

Only think I can think of is that they are upset about all of the valve-bashing that goes around about the coding :P

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 10:52:53 pm »

They didn't make the game so they wouldn't make money, therefor no one will support us. Microsoft doesn't play nice with Nintendo, so our odds are about 1 in a billion of ever being supported by any distribution system. About a dozen companies own the rights to the Bond franchise and games, we can never get them all to support us. Most we'll get is not a cease & desist letter, for that we're lucky.

All we can do is make our own system. That would support updates, achievements, news, stats, all just for our own game. (We did have one, but long story ;) )
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 11:29:37 pm »

Most we'll get is not a cease & desist letter

Best-case scenario.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Conmore

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Conmore has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 11:49:02 pm »

(We did have one, but long story ;-) )

What happened? How was it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up