GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:38:45 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update: March 2008  (Read 90998 times)

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
Re: GES Update: March 2008
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2008, 08:06:09 pm »

We're going to try and get the current characters [and possibly a few new ones] we have release in our next release, but currently we only have Bond running on the new build.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2008, 08:15:06 pm »

We are unsure at the moment what exact content will be in the first BETA 3.0 (EP2 Engine) release. Right now we only have a few maps running, and just one weapon. Of course we will continue to add more content, but as to what exactly will be in, or if there will be any 'new' content [from previous releases'], we are unsure at the moment.

Our goal right now is to get the game running bug free, so that when we do release, it will be enjoyable for you guys no matter how much content [or not] there is. We'd would rather have a stable [bug free] release on the EP2 Engine than to have more content.

Konrad said it was close to final, and judging by what you have said I will just assume that the beta 3 release will have much less content then the old versions. By all means correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just trying to get the big picture. I kind of wish you guys would just release any maps you have + try to get any guns you have in the current beta as well if there isn't a big rush to get beta 3 (maybe start over if not continuing with current beta 1 timeline and call it beta 0.3?) up to par with the quality of the 1.1 patched game. I also think two separate sections, one for each beta, would be a pretty good idea, and I say this only because I'm sure people will download and play the new beta release. The only problem I see is that this will lead to poor replay value because of what seems to be little content, and there will be some sort of fallout. Im hoping that if this does happen, people will return to beta 1.1 in order to wait for another release. This is all just hypothetical really, but I just don't want to see it happen. It would be sweet to hire more people to continue on and add in the guns and maps you had ready into the current 1.1 patch, just so we could have a nice solid game to play with added content for the players who have been drooling over new content for months now. The new release is almost like a double edged sword for people who really love to play the game, yea it's great to be on the new engine...but it seems like we'll be waiting quite some time till we have 1.1h + the motion blur. (Same time from beta 1.0 to 1.1h?)

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2008, 08:29:43 pm »

We're going to try and get as much content as we can in of course, but we are doing it smartly. We're not going to throw content in just for the sake of having more content if it starts to make the game buggy, or not enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, we're going to try and get all of the content we have [currently released] in our next release, but don't be surprised if there are a few things missing. We don't want to keep you guys waiting too long, so when we have the build stable and we feel it is enjoyable to play [with the content added] we will release it. If that's the case things will be added [more content] with modular releases soon after.

Konrad is correct, we are getting close to stable build, but there is still a lot of work to be done, and content to be added. Right now we are not ready to release because of the lack of content currently, and we are still adding and fixing things up on the programming side.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2008, 09:16:42 pm »

This game has always been enjoyable mang....  :P

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
  • Jackred666 has no influence.
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2008, 10:24:50 pm »

Can you make the character selection looked more like the original game's please.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2008, 12:11:36 am »

I kind of wish you guys would just release any maps you have + try to get any guns you have in the current beta as well
This was the BETA 1.5. Konrad described in the above post why this version is now canceled... !

we are still adding and fixing things up on the programming side.
Haha :D. LUA's 1337ness. Can't wait to tweak & play with server side options :)

Finaly managed to listen the cradle theme: sounds awesome :D.

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2008, 12:48:48 am »

Will there be changes in Golden Gun.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2008, 02:32:13 am »

Will there be changes in Golden Gun.

Depends what you mean by changes, but yes all weapons are going to be re-worked, animations and the technical side of them mostly.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2008, 02:36:13 am »

Thanks for clearing.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2008, 06:08:48 am »

You should've gone with my plan. It said exactly what would be in the first Beta3 release. :D

I think by changes he means "will it function like the Golden Gun," since the Beta2 AuG functions like a rusty bolt-action rifle with a dead cockroach in the action.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2008, 09:09:38 am »

This game has always been enjoyable mang....  :P

yea the game is enjoyable, but with the current build, its not a long lasting feeling of enjoyment and fun.

thats the biggest difference for the next beta build besides motion blur lol.

this is the first iteration of the game, that is built on a solid foundation, and as a result is the first build that is on its way to being final. our other builds  from a professional  game development stand point, were pre-alpha builds. with lots of bugs, and not all content being implemented. this build right now is on its way to becoming a true beta build. so yea be excited for that, because even if it doesn't have EVERYTHING it'll still be really balanced, relatively bug free and most of all fun.

if people are chomping at the bit to play with more content, then they can always play the older build to see whats around the corner. but to be honest i dont think they will want to cause Beta 3 will be a lot more fun to play. which in the end is what its all about.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2008, 09:45:07 am »

Have you played 1.1h? It may not be bug free, but it's pretty solid. Also, when you say bug free, the hitbox reg is fixed and what not? I just think anything with less content then what we are currently offered will be, well, rather boring. Im not sure how beta 3 will give a long lasting feeling of enjoyment and fun over 1.1h, except when it's finished...which seems like it could be a while before completed. This comes from someone who plays the game almost everyday at some point if possible.  I'd also like to hear beta 3 will be more balanced then previous versions, if you don't mind. As always though, you guys are creating one of the best games, keep up the good work!

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2008, 10:45:32 am »

Edu, I dont know why you fear the beta 3. Im personnaly very enthusiastic about it, and you should be too. Don't worry, if the early days of the beta 3 are like beta 1.0's, there will be enough players to have fun.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 05:12:43 pm by Doc.NO »

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2008, 03:52:08 pm »

Will you guys make the character selection look like the original with the music.

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2008, 06:41:51 pm »

Edu, I dont know why you fear the beta 3. Im personnaly very enthusiastic about it, and you should be too. Don't worry, if the early days of the beta 3 are like beta 1.0's, there will be enough players to have fun.

I don't fear it, I'm just trying to make actual sense of things they are saying. Yea, there may be enough players, but it sounds like there wont be enough content until the whole beta is done. Could be march 2009 before we see a game that has as much to offer as 1.1h
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up