GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:20:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warehouse map?  (Read 5881 times)

Barefoot Girl

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Barefoot Girl has no influence.
Warehouse map?
« on: October 07, 2015, 08:08:23 pm »

As anyone seen this map? http://gs.gamebanana.com/maps/157307 Its small but pretty cool. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with GE 4.2. Has anyone thought of updating the map so itll work?

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
Re: Warehouse map?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 09:10:24 pm »

The way I get an old map to work is to download the map, decompile it, and replace all of the old textures and what not to be current with the current release. My advice to you is if you want to get old maps to work with the game, learn Hammer. It's a free program that's categorized under Steam>Tools>Source SDK within the Client. It is an interesting program, outdated of course, but that's the best way to start into getting these maps back.

Use VMEX to decompile maps: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/VMEX

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 10:59:00 pm »

ive played it- its okay average at best...though it di d have the female scientist with full A.I in the background doing stuff which was rather cool

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 11:02:20 am »

I took a look at the map and i don't think it's neccessary to recompile the map.
Just find the missing textures and props and include them into the bsp.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 07:16:55 pm »

I remember playing this. It was decent, had a nice GE feel to the hallways that felt like some basement/library gameplay as far as I remember.
Pages: [1]   Go Up