GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 08:38:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All Bonds?  (Read 6981 times)

shorty1k

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • shorty1k has no influence.
    • shorty1k.deviantart.com
All Bonds?
« on: August 02, 2007, 06:59:09 am »

Hey guys! I did a search for this but didn't find anything and I was curious if it was on the checklist to have the All Bonds feature that was removed from GE64. I guess it wouldn't really be so much of a feature but more of a few more characters. I've always had an interest in 3d modeling and thought about making them myself (which would be fun if I knew how), are they on the characters checklist? I apologize in advance if someone else asked this question, but man after all these years it would be so cool to have all the James Bonds in one game (Craig is up to you, personally it wouldn't make sense since GE was before his time, but then again it would be nice to have for completion's sake)

On an unrelated note, does anyone know of some good reading for model making with Source? I really would love to contribute something to this awesome mod.
Lovely party, pitty I wasn't invited.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
Re: All Bonds?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:32:28 am »

They are absolutely on the list, and if you feel up to the task you're welcome to apply to work on the mod!
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 08:35:50 pm »

There isn't anything particularly special about modeling for source, its the same for all games.  I would recommend checking out the Gnomon DVD's on character modeling for games if you are serious about learning it.  The dvds cost about $50 I think, but they are worth it. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Semedi

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Semedi has no influence.
    • GNardone.com
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 09:40:39 pm »

(Craig is up to you, personally it wouldn't make sense since GE was before his time, but then again it would be nice to have for completion's sake)

Technically, Craig was before everyone's time  :P
Sims 3 Producer - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham

shorty1k

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 10:38:56 pm »

There isn't anything particularly special about modeling for source, its the same for all games.  I would recommend checking out the Gnomon DVD's on character modeling for games if you are serious about learning it.  The dvds cost about $50 I think, but they are worth it. 
I'm very serious about it, it's actually something I've been interested in learning ever since I started playing 3d games, but I'm not sure where to begin, does source use 3d studio max or maya models?

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 11:28:53 pm »

either
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 11:35:26 pm »

Uses nether. Source uses its own file format called smb and you will need an export for most progs to work. The ges team uses 3dsmax but maya can be used (as many other programs) as well.

You first thing you should do is head over to the valve wiki and read up on the modling topics there.

shorty1k

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 01:39:53 am »

Awesome, you guys have been really helpful! Thanks!

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 05:32:27 am »

if you want you can join my modelers boot camp lol i can teach you a few things aboot modeling once you get teh basic understandings and techniques of how to use what ever program you prefer.

bug me on aim Spider2544 im ususaly at home in the evenings california time.

biggest thing to learn how to model characters, is to learn sculpture, and anatomy. if you cant sculpt, you cant model thats the way it is these days. so i would grab some super sculpey from the store and start parcticing right away.

that and drawing draw every single day and dont ever skip a day. and try to draw for at least 2 hours a day, and shoot for 4 if possible. draw in class, draw while watching TV or on the itnernent just dotn stop drawing.

once you get some foundation art skills, modeling will become a lot easyer of a skill to pickup, because its just a translation of your traditional skill set.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms
Pages: [1]   Go Up