GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:38:29 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog 7/22/2007  (Read 7480 times)

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
Blog 7/22/2007
« on: July 22, 2007, 08:38:02 am »

Hey all. I've been pretty quiet lately with the lack up GES Weekly Updates, and just overall a little inactive on the forums, in particular the community forums. Well, there is reason of course. I'm on vacation currently in Washington St. visiting family and friends. Things have been going great, I got to see a few friends that I haven't seen in over 7 years, and you can't go on vacation without partying and so I've been doing plenty of that as well. Of course there is also another big topic going on in the life of Sean right now, and that would be looking for a job in the gaming industry. A few of the developers of GoldenEye: Source have been in talks with the folks at Electronic Arts' Tiburon Studio, which is the studio that does Madden among many other titles. I'm not going to name the other developers because it's not may place to do so but if they want to disclose their name on the forums they will.

Being that this is a big decision in my life, I've taken a lot of time to think about whether or not I would be interested in moving to Orlando, Florida where the studio is located. There are a couple things that I've been factoring in; Family, of course comes first and I don't want to be too far away from the. Second would be education, of course as some of you know I plan to attend the Art Institute of Seattle, which of course I could not do if I took a job in Orlando. So as you can see I've been pondering a lot of stuff, on top of the normal stress of working on GoldenEye: Source too. Ok I'm just kidding, there is no stress involved with this project ::)

Fortunately I still have time to work on a few things for the mod as well. Currently I am working on a texture for the DK5 weapon model. Work on it has been slow because of the above mentions, but also because I don't have my handy tool 3D Studio Max with me on my trip, so I've had to bug my fellow developers to give me some renders so I can see what the hell I'm doing, and well as you could imagine this can be tedious. Luckily though, because I have skillz like no other, it's coming along pretty well, and hopefully we'll have some media of it for you soon.

Well, that's it for my little developer blog update, if you'd like to suggest something for me to talk about next time, or have any questions feel free to post them here and hopefully I'll have another update here shortly.

/Sean "Baron" Stock
Project Lead/Director
sean@goldeneyesource.com
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 03:42:15 am by Sean [Baron] »
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up