GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:50:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is KM such a dick?  (Read 21134 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Why is KM such a dick?
« on: August 16, 2010, 12:11:12 am »

???

I dunno. But I got this fucking awesome personal message today from Alex (IHateSticklers). Thanks for making my day that much better man!

>>>Aggressive because you openly admitted to stealing... be aware of what you are doing and not just "taking someone's word for it" we've been around for a hell of a long time and know whats up.<<<

Wow......... I came across this very bitchy and uptight reply you left to some kid and found it so uncalled for that you made me register an account just to tear you a new one, as you deserve.

Seriously, who the fuck do you think you are treating people like that because some kid didn't want to install Steam and buy a game he normally wouldn't have bought just so he can play Goldeneye Source, which I'm sure he was trying to do in the first place?

Oh, I get it, you're one of the developers of GE:Source.  You put all that time and effort and want to get paid!  (don't we all)...first of all, nobody, except for fat, out of shape video game losers with no friends or girls would be so desparate to play GE: Source that they would pay money for an entirely different game in order to get to the one they want to play, and second, how much good is any steam purchase going to be when steam goes out of business? Is steam going to be around forever?  this is why you have so many people trying to get around buying anything.
guess what......no matter how angry you get and no matter how many "noobs" (like you stupid geeks like to call them) you patronize, there's always going to be a large population of gamers who demand free access to software and info, which in this case, is understandable.

If you don't like it, then stop making games and get a new profession because it's not going to change anytime soon.
And, as for your disrespectful, aggressive attitude towards others who aren't on the same level as you as a game developer/programmer, get it through your head that YOU AREN'T SHIT!!!

Believe it or not, I'm also a 3D modeler and programmer and although I know what we do requires a lot of time, skill, and patience, we aren't gods, here.  Being a programmer, as good as you might think you are, gives you no right to talk to people like they're little fucking children.  Yes, I know you worked hard on the game and want to be paid for the fruits of your labor, but CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!! You're not gonna retire a millionaire on your first major video game project, so, relax when you hear of someone trying to crack steam.

If someone wants to crack steam, then LET HIM, or else, if you're just gonna leave smart ass comments, keep your fucking mouth shut.

Original Thread Referred to: http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,5273.0.html

YAWN, it got a little boring towards the end until he told me to shut my fucking mouth. I enjoyed that last sentence and it made me reflect. I never actually opened my mouth... considering this is on the internet. Maybe I should reply to posts with an audio file.... maybe...

Does anyone else hate me? Please let me know, I really enjoy reading feedback like this. Let er rip (think of this like a "roast")!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:14:29 am by killermonkey »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Re: Why is KM such a dick?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 12:23:54 am »

OMG that was hilarious, thanks for posting it KM. ^^

I especially liked that part where he went like "we all want stuff for free so shut up when I'm about to rob the next grocery store or bank or whatever".
Did anyone tell that guy already what happens afterwards or asked him how he'd feel getting not paid for any work he'd done (like the guys at Valve that don't get anything for a pirated version)? I guess not. So maybe he should have read your post before complaining about it after all, he might have learned something from it. Still that part where he's talking about GE: S developers getting paid is confusing ~ since it's a free mod! :o

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 12:34:57 am »

Hah, you forgot to add LOCKED to your sentence :)

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 12:35:43 am »

I lol'd when I read that because literally everything was incorrect or just stupid. I doubt Steam will ever go out of business since Valve is probably rolling around in money right now from a combination of making such amazing bestselling games, as well as having a portion of the money made from everything sold on Steam. Plus if they ever went down for good they'd probably release an offline version of Steam or we'd all start using cracked Steam emulators and stuff. This guy needs to learn how to think.

I wouldn't exactly call KM an elitist prick or anything, but I think he could be if he wanted too considering he coded the entire mod with features previously thought impossible or extremely difficult to do, modeled our Bond, rigged several characters, made a few animations, and some environment art. I don't know what's wrong with that guy, I love KM! (no homo)
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 12:41:25 am »

Who has the time to register and then form a text-wall rant in defence of some useless nooblet?

It's not like KM teabagged his corpse or anything...

IMO it's probably just the same guy who's butthurt about not being able to play the mod without paying $2. Ah well.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 12:45:49 am »

A comment you left in reply to someone:

>>>So.... wait, your trying to get help for a problem that is you don't own a game, when.... you don't own it?

-Get a real steam acccount
-Buy HL2:DM for $5
-Play any Mod you want.
-Done  <<<

Damn, can you overreact and jump anymore down the kid's throat?  Pull the 7 foot wide stick out of your overly-uptight ass and calm the fuck down.  Jeez, god forbid somebody rattles the cage of your little nazi-run forum. 
Quit being such a freaking stickler/forum nazi.  What, you're telling me you never "illegally" downloaded anything?? Please..........you've probably done it so many times you don't even realize when you do it, anymore, so, lay off the kid's ass.
He didn't post a message asking how much a game cost nor did he post a message asking to be patronized and grilled like he's in a fucking police interrogation room for murder.
If you don't want to help him, then shut up and fuck off!

Don't worry KM, your weren't alone.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 12:59:20 am »

Oh man this is getting better and better! The best part is its definitely not the same person.

Someone needs to get out of their parent's basement and fast!

[/offtopic]

Ok anyway, no one hates me?

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 01:04:38 am »

Ok anyway, no one hates me?

I guess not. Sad much? :P

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 08:21:48 am »

I hate KM, but not the one here. There is a product at work called KM that goes into the tires that we make. The reason I hate it is because the ageing after it is made is like 6 hours, and there has been several times where I would do a run of rubber for a tire, just to find out it did not need it at that moment because of the KM.

I hate KM.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 09:18:48 am »

I thought I was the official asshole of Goldeneye Source.  I guess it's okay though if you're just keeping my seat warm while I screw around in L4D.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 02:19:10 pm »

I thought you were going to explain that you're a Lions sympathizer and take out your frustration on random Internet users.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 06:12:38 pm »

lol, I'll admit that i wasn't sure of km when i first met him....but I never considered him an asshole nor did I "hate" him. I love KM. He is the heart of this mod, you leave or break, we are all fucked. :) Love you (No homo)

....vc doesn't seem so bad now.....wow XD

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

olileauk

• Last vestige of [L[T]K]
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • olileauk has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 06:18:42 pm »

Hey KM, I hate you. You're..no, wait, no I don't, because you're not a douche. That's right. That PM is epic, especially this:
there's always going to be a large population of gamers who demand free access to software and info
which is particularly brilliant because those people are pirates or stupid, and that seemed to be the entire crux of his PM. Hahaha.
Been here since Alpha 1.1... Those were the days.

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 07:48:40 pm »

It's sort of hard to take anything this guy says seriously when he's doing the very thing that he's "reaming" you out for.

The fact that he took the time out of his day to register an account just to antagonize you makes me think that he's a failed modeler / programmer who is insecure, and is trying to compensate by diminishing you.

KM reminds me of Beethoven - a no BS kinda guy who knew exactly what he wanted and made sure other people knew it.  I think KM is humorous and insightful!

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 09:07:09 pm »

KM is the bane of my existence

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up