GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 09:04:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Servers Show up in the Browser  (Read 3457 times)

chickenjiblets

No Servers Show up in the Browser
« on: December 19, 2010, 08:31:34 am »

Servers won't show up when queried. I can find servers just fine in CS:S and TF2 so this is strange to me that it won't work here. I don't believe it's a firewall problem either, but perhaps I need to create an exception (though i don't think this is the case as I have already tried turning off my firewall to no avail)

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
Re: No Servers Show up in the Browser
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 09:51:59 am »

What you'll want to try to do is uncheck the "show maplist" checkbox on the bottom left of the in-game browser, and click on Refresh All to bring up a full list.  Also make sure nothing is check marked in the "change filters" options.  If that works, you should get 40+ servers showing up.

chickenjiblets

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 10:36:47 pm »

I tried both of those already. Nada :(

I really wanna play this!

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 10:40:27 pm »

This is a nice little bug valve likes to give us. You can use the server browser built Into steam, that always works, and just join off that.

See half the people see servers just fine, then half see really nothing.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 02:08:44 am »

Make sure that the mod folder is called "gesource", or no servers will show at all.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 11:56:41 pm »

Make sure that the mod folder is called "gesource", or no servers will show at all.

Saint and I had to learn this the hard way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up