GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 12:23:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Event] Cy Funhouse  (Read 8117 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: [Event] Cy Funhouse
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 12:21:04 pm »

That being said, it would work terribly outside of this one specific circumstance

It sure as hell would, but it's a nice idea. The problem is in finding the people who'd want to play it, or be "experienced" enough to do so. The code seems to be easy to implement, especially now that AUF is done.

And the PP7 only kills a fully-armoured player with 4 headshots, if I recall correctly. Couple that with dodgy hit-reg and you need someone with good accuracy to be a menace, if we assume the MWGG can't really hit the broadside of a barn from 10 feet away.

The duel itself wasn't property balanced.

Bond also only needed one, technically.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 01:45:23 pm »

^this
Therefore the proposed henchmen idea is really good in my opinion.
Another idea would be the following:
since Bond would only have  needed one bullet, you can ramp up the damage for the PP7 via the gamemode and players may select their role: playing as Bond will be easier (since they can fire more shots in succession) but only reward one point per kill, while playing Scaramanga will be more difficult but also reward more points per kill. (one could even think about killing streak point rewards additionally)

Note: these ideas don't have to be used, because they're only proposals, but they COULD  be used for FUTURE events.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 02:18:05 pm »

One well placed shot.

@ ES

That sounds like a new game mode idea.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:17:36 pm by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 10:53:37 am »

mind you there are a number of deathtraps in the funhouse so that has to be taken into account aswell

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 01:37:02 pm »

also i was thinking why not postpone the event till Cy finished the new version of Funhouse? that way there can be this real epic feel to it?

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 04:06:10 pm »

There are models in it that are from 4.2.  It won't work until it's released.

Rick Astley

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 11:28:12 pm »

There are models in it that are from 4.2.  It won't work until it's released.

yeah thats a good point..sorry

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 05:19:02 pm »

I'll be hosting the event tomorrow night.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 06:10:10 pm »

I'll be hosting the event tomorrow night.

I will be there. see you tomorrow
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 07:27:06 pm »

I'll be on a birthday party tomorrow, but i think i'll be back home 10pm.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2012, 10:08:22 pm »

Wow, we had a good turn out for this event.  It's a shame Cy (the creator) joined with a few seconds last of the match.

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Final Score

Thanks to everyone that participated.  You helped make this event great. ;-)

Spydow

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Spydow has no influence.
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 10:09:45 pm »

France wins again.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 10:16:24 pm »

ahh yes, it´s sad I missed this, see you had a good time there. thanks troy for making this event. but believe me, I won´t miss the future release event of new funhouse version 4. ;P
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:18:56 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2012, 10:23:45 pm »

I had the man with the golden gun stuck in the cage trap you made.

liamcadhain

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2012, 10:30:30 pm »

Good game, kudos to all who turned up!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up