GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 05:32:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellow/Brown Ammo Boxes?  (Read 4655 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Yellow/Brown Ammo Boxes?
« on: December 23, 2008, 02:06:10 am »

In Runway on the 64, there were smaller, yellow ammo boxes that had Timed Mines in them (They could have been in other levels, but this is the one I remember). Will these ammo boxs make a return in GoldenEye Source, or is it not that important to implement?

A way that I thought the yellow boxes could be used was to have mines in them (Maybe with a logo of the mine on the outside), instead of just having the mines floating. My main reason for this idea is because the mines are sometimes not that easy to spot, and in doing this people would identify the ammo boxes as mines.

The logo of the mine does not have to be on the outer of the box, since most weapon packs will only have the one type of mine, but then again, some people would have an explosive pack with all the mines, rocket launcher, and the grenades and it's launcher; so it might be cool to know what type you were picking up.

I know this topic is sorta confusing, but at the very least, could the developers give their opinion about the ammo box?

-Edit-
Here is a screen of it. Now that I see it up close, it is more brown than yellow.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 02:14:00 am by JcFerggy »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
Re: Yellow/Brown Ammo Boxes?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 02:27:58 am »

Hmm...
May be a good idea.

Though it might look a bit bland having all boxes.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 02:31:23 am by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 03:05:51 am »

We did implement a standard 'tan' ammo crate for mines and grenades, so your suggestion was put in before you even knew it ;).
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 03:34:02 am »

some people would have an explosive pack with all the mines, rocket launcher, and the grenades and it's launcher; so it might be cool to know what type you were picking up.

Pretty sure in this scenario the ammo box will give X (varying by weapon) amount of ammo to ALL mines, its not like each mine has its own ammo box/type

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 03:43:18 am »

If you went Timed, Proxy, Remote, Grenade, Rocket, Grenade Launcher, and Briefcase, you need your head examined.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 10:47:43 am »

i beat you to that idea hehe.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Dechristian

• :D
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dechristian has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 02:33:31 am »

Aren't yellow boxes low ammo and brown mediem ammo and green large ammo?
Pages: [1]   Go Up