GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 02:43:08 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: GE:S Fan Promotion Initiative  (Read 6804 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: GE:S Fan Promotion Initiative
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 04:25:17 am »

I think another problem is that a lot of people just aren't into Goldeneye like they used to be. I'm one of the younger developers/players, and none of my RL friends are familiar with GE007 or even HL1 and can't stand the slower pace of their gameplay. It's really disappointing.

Yup. Agree here. And one element of people like me a little older (25-30) is life, having a gf/wife, growing up, and the idea that our mod as good as it is doesn't constitute nostalgia of GE007 anymore. It may have on hl1 style graphics. The only nostalgia I get is on classic maps. And I do like them because of that.

Disagree strongly that it's lack of exposure. We are still in the top 10 HL2 mods released, and still 75th rank on moddb currently, despite having no release or media in what... 8 months? We are an exposure powerhouse. It's just not lasting exposure each time. It converts minor numbers.

People get bogged down on the whole "your not on steam" means something negative, or whether each server is full when they look at a serverlist and connotations on that. It's rather petty excuses to discard us as fad/dead/irrelevant in their viewpoint, and move on.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:30:20 am by Wake[of]theBunT »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up