GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:12:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with Respawn for DM  (Read 5307 times)

FrY

• FrY
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • FrY has no influence.
Issue with Respawn for DM
« on: March 10, 2010, 07:43:52 am »

Hey I was trying to figure this out the other day and VC pointed me into KM's direction. I want to setup for deathmatch only to be able to respawn when you press start. Not the automatic 15 second respawn even if you have mp_forcerespawn 0 set. Is this possible? What I have tried so far is setting the delay to infinite or 999 etc. but everytime it goes past the 15 second mark it will automatically try to respawn (I can tell it does this by the sound it makes) but the screen will just stay dead or black and will not spawn. If the mp_forcerespawn is 0 I only get 15 seconds before it autospawns or I can click start from within the 15 seconds. The reason for this is just to be able to throw a whiz or scratch my ballz maybe grab a drink while i'm still in the game without having to spectate. Like VC told me it would ruin some game types and I agree but in a DM match with a 50 frag limit it would not matter.

ge_respawndelay 999
When mp_forcerespawn is set, this is the maximum amount of time a player can stay dead before respawning.
"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves"

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: Issue with Respawn for DM
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 08:18:22 am »

The complication is that we must ensure that scenarios can force respawning when it's pertinent, like in YOLT and L&LD.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:06:26 pm »

Noted, this seems like a bug. There was a hardcoded force respawn to prevent retards from stalling games like YOLT. I will work on the ordering of the stuff, possibly even a new cvar.

FrY

• FrY
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • FrY has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 05:52:40 pm »

Sweet  ;D you guys are awesome :) keep up the good work!
"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves"
Pages: [1]   Go Up