GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:29:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A View to A Kill Map Requests  (Read 8688 times)

and.punker

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • and.punker barely matters.and.punker barely matters.
A View to A Kill Map Requests
« on: April 22, 2016, 11:41:15 am »

Hello, so I was rewatching A View To A Kill (a great Roger Moore outing in my opinion) and I had an idea for a game mode and a map. When Aubergine is murdered Bond starts to Chase Mayday and the idea is that someone should create the restaurant, stairs and elevator from AVTAK and on the game mode you can be Mayday (which works pretty much the same way as LALD) you can only kill Mayday with a Silver PP7 that spawns in the map somewhere. Another idea that I had would be the Golden Gate Bridge, this has been done before on Goldeneye: Rogue Agent and it would make a great multiplayer map. I hope that someone creates something like this!
Have a nice day
-and.punker

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Re: A View to A Kill Map Requests
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 11:54:06 am »

So like Live and let die with mayday instead and Golden Gun replaced by PP7?

id love to see The Golden Gate Bridge map from Goldeneye Rogue Agent too but i guess its up to the community as the team are going to primarily focus on goldeneye maps and stuff

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 02:24:32 pm »

I think this is actually a really cool idea!
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 02:49:41 pm »

I like this idea as well! I could began to working on this map if you like? I am almost finished with my snowblind map from nightfire and I will have dedicated time to do this.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 02:58:46 pm »

I don't think it's a good idea to have a gamemode that is allmost the same as LALD.
Except for the Voodoo magic.
Still if you or anyone else wants to code such a mode, this is the whole point of allowing custom gamemodes written with phyton.

I'd rather have a gamemode based on Jaws with dual AR33, unlimited ammo and a lot of health.

As for maps, i'd say the more the merrier. Has to be Thirdparty content though because original Goldeneye maps have priority for us.
But since lots of thirdparty maps are close to finish, maybe someone allready looks for the next possible recreation.

and.punker

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 11:26:47 am »

Another idea that I had would be that Mayday could use a Cougar Magnum/PP7, have armor and health and could switch floors by using her parachute! I personally like maps that are a big distance above the ground (cradle for example) and I think that this map/gamemode would be a great replacement for that.

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 01:01:15 am »

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 06:12:11 pm »

Hello, so I was rewatching A View To A Kill (a great Roger Moore outing in my opinion) and I had an idea for a game mode and a map. When Aubergine is murdered Bond starts to Chase Mayday and the idea is that someone should create the restaurant, stairs and elevator from AVTAK and on the game mode you can be Mayday (which works pretty much the same way as LALD) you can only kill Mayday with a Silver PP7 that spawns in the map somewhere. Another idea that I had would be the Golden Gate Bridge, this has been done before on Goldeneye: Rogue Agent and it would make a great multiplayer map. I hope that someone creates something like this!
Have a nice day
-and.punker

Roger Moore was 57 years old in that film, he was a grandpa. I do not get why the producers even kept him. Bond should be young and in mid 30s. Moore's worst film was AVTAK.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

and.punker

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 08:24:16 pm »

Who would've thought that someone with a username like RogerMooreSucks would like his movies. Anyway, A View To A Kill would've been a great Timothy Dalton movie but I personally think that Roger does a good job (considering his age).
The map should be like cradle (a rendered bottom and all) and should have the interior of the restaurant. There will be two sets of stairs and a observation area, the aforementioned stairs will be unblocked (in contrast to the movie where May Day had to jump that blocker to make her escape), the elevator will be just behind the stairs, at the stairs you will be able to get up to a point where you will be blocked to go any further and the only way you can reach to a higher observation area would be by using an elevator. The restaurant will have lots of tables along with huge windows lighting the whole area. There should be a bar and a kitchen behind the tables to the left and a large bathroom on the other side of the room.

Rick Astley

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 11:53:33 pm »

Roger Moore was 57 years old in that film, he was a grandpa. I do not get why the producers even kept him. Bond should be young and in mid 30s. Moore's worst film was AVTAK.

honestly yeah Moore was older and should have been replaced by Dalton but i dont think he gave a bad performance in A View to a Kill, the anger when Zorin killed tibet or the city mayor, removing the ending scene and yeah you have a sort of avuncular friendship between Bond and Stacy and well yeah the film has many memorable moments and good qualitys its just Moore's Physical age that is the downer

plus looking at Roger Moore at the primier of Goldeneye he looked younger there than back in 1985!
Pages: [1]   Go Up