GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 05:16:43 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I downloaded it, and I have all the files, but...  (Read 4971 times)

ManuallyAutomatic

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ManuallyAutomatic is looked down upon.
I downloaded it, and I have all the files, but...
« on: July 07, 2010, 12:44:16 am »

It doesn't show up in Steam, and the icon on my desktop brings me to the "My COmputer" section of my computer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: I downloaded it, and I have all the files, but...
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 03:12:23 am »

This is your second third thread with you not being able to play/install...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 11:12:09 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 09:58:35 pm »

This is your second thread with you not being able to play/install...

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 10:11:21 pm »

OK, let me get this straight.

Your first thread involved a CD Key and you were accused of using a pirated version of steam because we obviously do not use CD Keys for our MOD.

Your second thread went into how to install the mod from EXE (you claimed you didn't know how to open an executable file)

Your third, and current thread, now claims you can't see the game in steam and the shortcut on your desktop opens up "My Computer"

I am drawing a conclusion that you should stick with playing games on the XBox where its as hard as shoving a plastic disc into a slotted hole. However, I am questioning your ability to even do that. I am not trying to be mean, but honestly man, my Grandmother does better with computers then you are right now.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 10:52:27 pm »

register then post the problem you are encountering.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/

If you can't still get it working, PM me.

good luck

To KM:  You grandmother plays Goldeneye? rlly?    tell her what server shes plays in, because I wanna join. :D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:54:21 pm by osaeed2k9 »

ManuallyAutomatic

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ManuallyAutomatic is looked down upon.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 11:51:53 pm »

Make sure you got the latest download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads/goldeneye-source-beta-4-full-download-exe

And follow these directions!
http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Install_GoldenEye:_Source
I've done all of that
OK, let me get this straight.

Your first thread involved a CD Key and you were accused of using a pirated version of steam because we obviously do not use CD Keys for our MOD.

Your second thread went into how to install the mod from EXE (you claimed you didn't know how to open an executable file)

Your third, and current thread, now claims you can't see the game in steam and the shortcut on your desktop opens up "My Computer"

I am drawing a conclusion that you should stick with playing games on the XBox where its as hard as shoving a plastic disc into a slotted hole. However, I am questioning your ability to even do that. I am not trying to be mean, but honestly man, my Grandmother does better with computers then you are right now.
I don't have an Xbox, and sorry that I suck at computers.
register then post the problem you are encountering.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/

If you can't still get it working, PM me.

good luck

To KM:  You grandmother plays Goldeneye? rlly?    tell her what server shes plays in, because I wanna join. :D
Thanks.

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 12:51:56 am »

honestly man, my Grandmother does better with computers then you are right now.

lol, so does mine, and good way to put it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up