GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:20:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A quick question for Audix...  (Read 6724 times)

The Beatles pwn j00!

A quick question for Audix...
« on: October 05, 2009, 09:38:27 pm »

I recently got Audiosurf, and on the scores for your "Rocking the Cradle" track there are many people who seem to have a version that is different from the one on the Beta 3 soundtrack.

The shape is wildly different and the duration is 9:13 instead of 4:46.

Is there indeed a different version, or is this a bunch of bullshit?

Look here: http://www.audio-surf.com/song.php?t=popular#4747839

I SHOULD be in first place on the Elite scoreboard....  but some 9:13 guy is on top.

It's just strange because so many people on there seem to have that 9:13 version. I was just wondering if you knew what was up with that.

They need a better system for determining which song is which.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:59:53 pm by JessEH [The Beatles pwn j00!] »

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
Re: A quick question for Audix...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 12:03:54 am »

They probably pulled the "Rocking the Cradle" track that is included in the game install, since it's the same song looped once, making it twice as long (give or take about ten seconds).

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 01:29:30 am »

Ah, I see. You are correct. I should have realized that possibility. Again, I hope they are working on a better way for distinguishing such things in the scoreboard system. It all seems to rely on the artist/title/etc data associated with it. Couldn't they find a way to organize it by the tracks general shape (which in itself would include the general length)?

I guess it's not THAT big a deal. Still, a 4:46 song made (almost) twice as long is definitely not the same song, as far as audio-surf gameplay goes. I can understand there being a difference of several seconds between instances of the same song, but not minutes. And of course it can tell when the tracks is obviously different, can't it? Why don't they...

I don't know... I don't know the structure of the program (not that I would be able to understand it even if I did...), but I can't help but think that there is a better system for this.

Meh. Anyway, I can still appreciate this game.

Best 5 dollars I've spent in awhile.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 03:00:59 am »

Best 5 dollars I've spent in awhile.

You obviousally have not been to Subway :p

Five, Five dollar, Five dollar foot looooong

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 09:52:34 pm »

You obviousally have not been to Subway :p

Five, Five dollar, Five dollar foot looooong

ROFL ZOMG BUFFFFALO CHIKINNNN FUT LUNGG ZOMGOMGGOMG!! *DROOL*

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 07:15:46 pm »

Another quick question... there's no track number tag data for the Beta 3 OST... is there indeed no official track order? (Yes, this matters to me.)

If there isn't, one should be made.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 07:22:35 pm by JessEH [The Beatles pwn j00!] »
Pages: [1]   Go Up