GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 07:55:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Permission For Porting To Garry's Mod  (Read 30870 times)

maskedbandit

Permission For Porting To Garry's Mod
« on: September 07, 2008, 06:51:58 am »

Hey,
I'm a new guy, probably to most people here. The reason I come here is to ask permission to port some maps and weapons to Garry's mod. Of course, full credit would be given to Golden Eye: Source. We would invite you guys to manipulate our MOTD to give credit where you believe credit is due. We did have a golden eye source server before, however, it was difficult to get people to download it. We hope that this is a good way to get people's feet wet, and move over to golden eye source completely. We can make it known that the gmod version would be inferior to the true mod. We could either just host the files on our server, or we could post them up on www.garrysmod.org for people to easily download them. We are very self efficient, and we believe we can make this a fun little game mode for gmod. We would like to humbly ask the team for permission to use some of the models and maps, with full credit being given to them in any place they request.
Thanks In Advance,
Bandit

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
Re: Permission For Porting To Garry's Mod
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 09:51:21 am »

the permission is reserved to the individual creators, but I made the levels complex, complex classic and caves, and you're welcome to knock yourself out with em. Appreciate you askin, rather than be some fpsbanana dickwad
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 03:08:48 pm »

The important thing from a goldeneye source perspective is to inform people the mod does exist from these maps of course, but that a better version will hit the world sometime down the track. Then you can have more maps to convert and a reason to push your patrons more strongly into the mod itself :P

maskedbandit

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 05:36:46 pm »

Well, I would like to welcome anyone who has Garry's Mod, or a Lead developer who would like to see what we have done (we may be able to donate a copy if no lead developers own the game) to come and see our currently private server, mostly being used for development of this port. So far, we have 3 maps ported, Facility classic, Cradle, and the library. We have 2 weapons, the kf7 and the pp7, the music is looped to the maps, we have player models, and tonight we should hopefully have a player model select screen. Along with disabling jumping/sprinting, porting in a few more maps along with a few more weapons. Just add me to your steam friends, my steam page is
http://steamcommunity.com/id/fackinbandit (don't pay attention to my time playing those games, i have a bad habit of leaving games open, I actually do have a life XD.)
Once you add me, we can hopefully set up a time you can come and see what we have done so far.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 08:12:06 pm »

This is pretty cool, I've wanted the GES weapons in Garry's Mod forever...
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

maskedbandit

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 02:19:23 am »

Well, if no one has a problem, I will upload our content pack (technically a lot of it is your guys content, and I will make sure that it is known) to www.garrysmod.org and we will try and open up our server to the public tomorrow night.

maskedbandit

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 03:27:43 am »

We have uploaded and made a thread on Face Punch, I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we do.

Youtube of playing GE:s in Garrysmod

FacePunch Thread
Thread

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 05:25:51 am by Ryan [Saiz] »

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 09:31:47 am »

:D my caves! but man does the golden gun lok wird in the cradle hdr
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 12:23:44 pm »

lol, yea.the gg on cradle is burning.

Looks sweet though. I'll give it a try as soon as I'll get a working steam. You could maybe tweak the weapons a lil bit more.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 01:20:59 pm »

So what's the deal with porting GES to GMod?

Do you still have the GMod abilities like spawning stuff, attach objects to others and change skins of props?
In the video i just see regular DM gamplay.
We allready know a combination of GES and GMod could be fun, course B@dPlayer wrote script stuff for spawning props in GES.
So we had Melons raining from the top of cradle, cratetowers in Siberia, a Jenga pyramide and some other Fun.

The more important Question is: is the Hit-Reg-Bug still in there?
The Weapons are looking kinda off centred too.

Do i need GMod10 to check this one out?

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 02:47:50 pm »

is the Hit-Reg-Bug still in there
Thats gmod... Not as bad as GES.

Do i need GMod10 to check this one out?
server infos says its gmod 10.

maskedbandit

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 05:25:28 pm »

We did have a golden eye source server before, however, it was difficult to get people to download it. We hope that this is a good way to get people's feet wet, and move over to golden eye source completely.

that is one reason for the port, but at the same time, we can possibly add a few things, SSL had a wonderful idea, that I would like to pursue with in the next week. Incorporating Single Player/Co Op in to the game. I see this as being possible. Really, with porting it over to gmod, it unlocks a lot of different things that we can do with it.

weapons still do need a lot of work, placement, clip size, and damage per shot.

Sorry in the video of the cradle the filmer had his bloom on. He was actually spectating me.

And we are still working on the votemap/cycle system, we have a nice vgui with pictures of the maps the user will just click on.

We are also still working on weapons/ammo pick ups and remote/proximity mines

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 05:37:58 pm »

Yea I'm a bit confused as well.  I though you just took the ges guns and stuff and made them options to add into the sandbox.  All I see in those videos is pretty much a remake of the mod with all of our assets and a different interface. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 05:58:25 pm »

We got lied to :(
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

maskedbandit

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 08:02:25 pm »

Sorry you feel that way, however I did not lie, If you read my first post, you would notice that.
I had talked to the developers and I believed they had full knowledge of what we were doing.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, but this was the plan the entire time, and I don't appreciate being called a liar, infact it offends me since I have done so much work to try and make sure you guys have been fully involved...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up