GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:15:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ge_runway_classic  (Read 8874 times)

PATRIOTA

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PATRIOTA is looked down upon.
ge_runway_classic
« on: January 14, 2014, 06:29:34 pm »

hello to all. this is a map that is absent in goldeneye source since its foundation. I made this map similar to the classic architecture. 50 spawn points deathmatch, 20 MI6  and  20 Janus. I hope you enjoy   ;D

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: ge_runway_classic
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 08:38:16 pm »

WOW!!! The only thing that needs work to make the map a lot closer to the original is the cliffs on the sides not really being the right shapes. You've really nailed the lighting, scale and looks of everything else though!
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

PATRIOTA

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PATRIOTA is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 09:56:12 pm »

Thank you Jonathon.  undoubtedly the rocks need to be adapted. This will be improved. The GE64 is the architectural complex. takes a bit to get the exact shape using the hammer.   :)

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 10:15:59 pm »

Like Jonathon said, everything but the mountain is perfect, now just add in those those...thingies that Bond hides behind in the movie to avoid getting shot at....those box things that are infront of the building, and an actual Sky background and it'll spot on.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 01:28:38 am »

Thank you Jonathon.  undoubtedly the rocks need to be adapted. This will be improved. The GE64 is the architectural complex. takes a bit to get the exact shape using the hammer.   :)

Protip: make your displacement brushes equal in height and width in order to make the geometry square and easier to work with ;)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 09:21:48 pm »

I'm unusually excited for this.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 12:35:23 am »

it looks beautiful :) very close to the original N64 map

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 07:48:47 am »

Really happy to see so many community maps emerge lately. Awesome work. A few textures are out of place, but no big deal.

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 06:21:19 pm »

Wait! Shouldn't this be in the Custom WIP and not in the Custom Releases?
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 07:49:54 pm »

Yeah it should be, but people have been able to play the unfinished version when I set up my server. A lot of spots need to be fixed. If you go to the end of the runway you can fall into the abyss.

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 09:57:05 pm »

I moved it ;)

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 11:04:10 pm »

For those of you that haven't played the map, it has been made so that people can climb up on the Facility roof. There are also weapon spawns up there including slot 7, possibly giving the player a powerful weapon and continuous ammo.

In the classic version of the map, you couldn't even get up there. In a multiplayer scenario, people have been camping up there and picking people off on the runway.

My suggestion for fair gameplay would be to not allow people to climb up on the Facility. If you still want people to get up there, then to remove the weapon slots on the roof, allowing the player to stay there until their ammo runs out.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

MultiplayerX

• HACKER! / Indie Mapper / Half Life 2 Scientologist
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.
    • Code Legends
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 05:16:23 am »

This map is a real nice one!  Beauty!
Pages: [1]   Go Up