GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:09:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: v4.2 Translations  (Read 72715 times)

Filipianosol

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Filipianosol has no influence.
Re: v4.2 Translations
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2012, 11:28:12 am »

What's "Strange"? Trebuchet MS is a standard Windows font. If it's wrong, it can be fixed.

EDIT: Hope you don't mind if I remind of some graphics with text embedded that could have a little "de-graphic". Like, "OHMSS PROFILE" (VGUI/charselect/folder), "OMHSS: AFTER ACTION REPORT" (VGUI/roundreport/background_FFA and background_team).
You can easily see that the letters seem to deform a little: http://i.imgur.com/2LFJb.jpg

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2012, 11:33:22 am »

You can easily see that the letters seem to deform a little: http://i.imgur.com/2LFJb.jpg
OK, that's odd. Wasn't that Tahoma, not Trebuchet?

Filipianosol

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Filipianosol has no influence.
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2012, 12:25:49 pm »

OK, that's odd. Wasn't that Tahoma, not Trebuchet?
How could that be Tahoma, there's no files for it in the game directory ::)  Looking at the p letter really, I think it's Trebuchet.

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2012, 12:28:24 pm »

How could that be Tahoma, there's no files for it in the game directory ::)  Looking at the p letter really, I think it's Trebuchet.
Well, the Source Engine not only reads the TTFs located in the game directory, it also takes the fonts from Windows itself. And I remember that the "official" achievement lists of Source (Check Team Fortress 2 and the HL2 games) had the exact same font.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2012, 05:08:09 pm »

All,

I have taken the opportunity with this delay to ensure our localization is more complete.... please find my latest updates at the following link:

http://wiki.geshl2.com/index.php?title=Gesource_english&diff=4961&oldid=4888
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:25:21 pm by killermonkey »

VGF

• Secret Agent
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2012, 05:34:40 pm »

Spanish translation updated. I got to say, this plural thing screwed one of the lines in Spanish (GES_GP_LD_ESCAPED).

Singular's vez, plural's veces. The other plurals are standard.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2012, 05:41:33 pm »

Interesting... I am not sure how to address this problem for all languages. I would say just leave it plural.

VGF

• Secret Agent
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2012, 05:43:41 pm »

Interesting... I am not sure how to address this problem for all languages. I would say just leave it plural.
Well, on Perfect Dark: Source, we duplicated each line that had the singular/plural variable. That's the best option for most of the languages.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2012, 05:54:52 pm »

hm... that could work, I will fix this later today... I also have to consider ease of programming on the Python side.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2012, 06:25:52 pm »

OOOOOOH k, I have fixed it. I changed all pluralized sentences to have two localizations one normal and one plural. The plural one ends in _P.

http://wiki.geshl2.com/index.php?title=Gesource_english&diff=4961&oldid=4888

VGF

• Secret Agent
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2012, 06:32:59 pm »

OOOOOOH k, I have fixed it. I changed all pluralized sentences to have two localizations one normal and one plural. The plural one ends in _P.
Thank you very much, updated Spanish.

Matteobin

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Matteobin has no influence.
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2012, 07:36:19 pm »

Sorry to disturb you, but what should I exaclty do with that link?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2012, 08:41:05 pm »

Matteobin

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Matteobin has no influence.
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2012, 08:49:51 pm »

Got it, but what about the new empty green lines?

I mean have I to insert so many blank spaces?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:04:19 pm by Matteobin007 »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2012, 09:12:56 pm »

No, that means the stuff on the left was DELETED. Therefore you should delete it in your version as well. If you don't delete it, nothing will be broken though :-)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up