GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:50:29 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hosting Felicity.  (Read 7294 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Hosting Felicity.
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 02:17:14 am »

oh well i suppose in the end we have goldeneye source :D and well Perfect Dark XBLA

shame that the mod is dead- maybe they could transfer some of the things into the GE Source mod like the NASA agent skin (he could be redubbed- Zykoskys Bodyguard or something)

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 02:35:56 am »

Zykoskys Bodyguard or something

Who?
You mean Valentin Zukovsky?

(Unsure because I didn't beat PD yet.)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 08:35:41 am »

You put hard work and time into a project.
Someone steals it from you for another game, He gives you no credit and whatsoever takes all the credit for all the work, While all he did was run VMEX to rip the map and compile it to fit the other game.

That's the problem.

Of course, I wasn't really thinking about it like that, but the fact they even want to steal it to play on Counter Strike Source is a bit of a kick in the teeth for the CSS team as well, but lets face it, the GE:S maps are definitely superior. Maybe we should combine and have Golden Strike Source (ONLY JOKING).

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 05:23:02 pm »

Yeah, There was some Counter-Strike 1.6 server with a Goldeneye Mod back in the day. If you want to call it a mod... Basically, Custom GE Skins and maps, And it was FFA. The rest was the same.

I have no idea who was the authors of the maps and skins though.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 05:03:41 pm »

Some rigging tests i've done a while ago.

Even a famose bounty hunter made an apeareance:

Now she looks like that in UDK:

Unlike most other mods it's very easy to add new characters to GES (as always, well done KM).
Unfortunatly i see no possibility to have downloadable characters.
Even if the server would provide all neccessary files for the character, some things cannot be changed at runtime.

As for the PD:S maps, they were ported because of popular demand.
Complex and felicity should crash at startup while villa will start but wont give you any weapon spawns.
They'll only work correctly, even with team and token based game mods when played on servers which are allowed to host them.
In fact complex and felicity are the original maps straight from PD:S only with custom textures packed into them.

As for DRM, like major said, this was one of the conditions for porting the maps.
This special kind of copy protection will only work with custom maps.
Since (AFAIK) the decompiling tools haven't been updated since EP1, they should still have issues with decompiling EP2 engine maps, so not many ppl will be able to get their hands on our new maps.
I've also heared that there is a possibility to add a special prefab to the map in order to prevent decompiling.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 07:30:02 pm »

From what I've seen its pretty easy to block a decompile. Was going to do it for dam, but never go far enough to need to add. I've tested maps that will crash the decompile app when trying to run.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 02:19:51 am »

Any way you can block a decompile i can get around it. There is no way to block a decompile. Just put an easter egg in the map so that even if they do, the talent less monkeys wont remove that and at least every one will know that its your map still.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 04:50:11 am »

Yeah but the common noobs will be detoured.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2011, 10:10:30 am »

Everything can be decompiled, ripped or cracked, the only question is how much skill is required to do it.
As for the PD:S maps, it seems either the protection is working or noone wants these maps.
I doubt it's possibility two.

Despite all the work putted into figuring out the best way to make these maps working in GES, it wasn't done because of selfish interrests. It's a service for all the fans of PD (and PD:S) and everyone else who wants to play these awesome maps.

You won't find my sig or any clan tags in these maps, the only addition should be the game text messages displayed at startup to credit the PD:S team.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2011, 01:51:16 pm »

It's a shame this mod died, I only played on it once, I went on for the first time one day and there was someone else there, we were playing for 3 hours or so, it was so much fun. Unfortunately I never got that lucky again, in the end I just gave up , the servers are all gone now as well. Ah well, never mind.

You scared the crap out of me. I thought you were referring to GES mod that died. Thank goodness its still active. Phew!

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 02:58:37 am »

You scared the crap out of me. I thought you were referring to GES mod that died. Thank goodness its still active. Phew!

Goldeneye Source would never die its just too awesome to kill a bit like Bruce Campbell....

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011, 07:29:16 am »

Bruce Cambell's a legend, even more so than Goldeneye.

Rick Astley

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 10:29:47 am »

Bruce Campbell + Goldeneye = The Most Epic Thing on The Planet...

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 11:46:01 am »

I'd love to be able to select Bruce as a character, but I don't think the other characters would get a look in anymore. Novelty characters would be cool in the mod. Could you put Kerry Katona & Jordan as bots for target practice? Would be some great stress relief.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up