GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:16:12 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Game crashes most of the time after killing someone  (Read 11009 times)

Max_Zorin

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Max_Zorin has no influence.
Game crashes most of the time after killing someone
« on: December 06, 2013, 07:59:17 pm »

Hi Guys,

I've been playing GE:s for about a week now and at first, everything used to work just fine, but now the game crashes most of the time, the moment i kill someone. sometimes it works, but in most cases it just crashes.
it doesn't matter if i just join a big server, or if i play on a private server with my friend, it just crashes sometimes when i kill him.
I've tried running it on lowest graphical settings or even with the start up option -dxlevel 81, which was recommended in another forum or thread (can't remember)

I'm running the Game on
Win 7 Home Premium 32bit
4GB Ram
Intel core 2 duo CPU e4500 2.20Hz
AMD Radeon HD 5450

Please Help me! It makes me go nuts!

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Game crashes most of the time after killing someone
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 08:14:24 pm »

You will need to post an .mdmp file here, They are usually located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2007"
And the name of the file should start with "hl2_4104_crash_2013...". Be sure to take the most recent file, which should be your last crash. A dev will eventually look into it and tell you the issue.

Max_Zorin

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 10:47:30 pm »

Thanks, the file is to big to attache it so here's a link https://www.mediafire.com/?bmazoi2fbbokfm0
by the way: is it possible, that this crash happens because i also have the "source sdk base 2013 singleplayer" and the "source sdk base 2013 dedicated server" installed?

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 12:19:18 am »

by the way: is it possible, that this crash happens because i also have the "source sdk base 2013 singleplayer" and the "source sdk base 2013 dedicated server" installed?

Nope.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 04:44:15 pm »

What version of GE:S are you running because I cannot read your memory dump file. It does not correspond to 4.2.4

Either that or you sent a memory dump from a different game.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:03:56 pm by killermonkey »

Max_Zorin

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 12:42:56 pm »

As far as i know i am running the 4.2.4 version with the sdk base under: J:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2007

or do you need this mdmp file https://www.mediafire.com/?co56c3aykg0rjkc under C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Dedicated Server?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 01:56:47 pm »

Try loading the "bin" directory from the server patch (http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads/ges-v424-server-patch-7z) into your gesource directory.

Then delete ALL mdmp files from "Source SDK Base 2007" folder. Then try to crash the game again. Send the mdmp when the game crashes, make sure you let windows go through its whole "collecting debugging information" routine.

Max_Zorin

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 02:18:34 pm »

I've reinstalled the whole game with the 4.2.4 full installer and now everything is fine. Thanks for the help. Great game and a nice forum, keep it up!

click4dylan

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • click4dylan has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 03:08:26 am »

sorry to bump such an old thread, but we have been having the same crash issue with nightfire source for the LONGEST time. for months and months we've been trying to track down this crash and it doesn't happen if you disable cl_ragdoll_physics_enable, but as soon as you enable it, the game will crash the instant you kill a player. sometimes it doesn't happen, other times it happens instantly. if anyone in the dev team knows how this problem was fixed in GE:S, it would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 12:52:12 pm »

There was an issue in Valve's physics library that the crash occurred in. I certainly didn't do anything to "fix" it.

click4dylan

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • click4dylan has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 06:35:45 pm »

thanks, I believe i finally fixed it by using winmerge to merge the code in c_sdk_player.cpp and c_sdk_player.h and the crash now appears to be gone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up