GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:10:50 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Environment/Prop Application  (Read 8166 times)

ExtraNoise

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ExtraNoise has no influence.
Environment/Prop Application
« on: February 23, 2009, 06:33:37 am »

Hello everyone!

I've finally worked up the courage to submit my application to this team. I've been watching it on and off for the last few years. As an avid fan of the original game, a Source version was almost too good to be true.

I've been working in graphic design and web development for the last six years, but I have a real passion to work in the game industry as an environmental artist. I've had a few interviews with studios like Microsoft, Zombie, and Bungie, but nothing has yet come to fruition. I was recently let go from my last employer due to the shrinking demand for newspapers and have since had time to dust off my resume, catch up on technique, and start developing new models for game mods.

I am 25, happily married and have two little girls who love to "help" daddy play games. I live in Olympia, Washington.

A sampling of my work is as follows:

Various prop models developed over the last month for another HL2 mod, 1985. I plan to continue working with this team in addition to GES, but it should not affect my work or productivity.

A work-in-progress; small scene set around 1920.

Not necessarily game art, I also enjoy developing lowpoly urban architecture (not using greebles). Above is the city of San Francisco, California.

Highpoly model of a Warhammer 40,000 Flamethrower tank.

Racing sim setting (2006).

XM-8 Assault Rifle (2006).

Highpoly Lego model of a Star Wars Droideka (2005). Just had some fun with this one. :)

I am most familiar with 3DS Max and have been using it for just a little over six years. In the course of modeling an object I generally use Max, Mudbox, and Photoshop. I am familiar with almost every other 3d art package available, should the need arise.

I am available at rickpierce@gmail.com or can be reached via MSN Messenger with the same address.

You can also visit my website to see the samples above (and more): http://www.rickpierce.info/

I look forward to hearing from you! I clearly remember wandering through the Dam level in Goldeneye all those years ago and wondering who designed and built all the crates, buildings and other objects. It was very likely what began the fire I have for environmental art and it would be a dream to follow in Rare's footsteps and help bring an updated version to the masses.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
Re: Environment/Prop Application
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 06:38:04 am »

Ooh, those look pretty nice. Did you texture them too?

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 07:02:18 am »

Very nice work I would love to take you on as an additional prop modeler since a few new maps just started or are going to be in the starting phases soon. I will wait for baron or spider to come along to take a look.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

ExtraNoise

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 07:10:01 am »

Ooh, those look pretty nice. Did you texture them too?

Yes, of course. :)

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 07:14:49 am »

Very cool that you live in Olymipa. I use to live in Oak Harbor, Washington (Whidbey Island). Your up in VALVe country, as was I for awhile.

Your portfolio is pretty good, It shows a broad contrast of your experience in different areas, different styles, etc. Having source experience when doing environmental props is a big plus. So I would assume you know how to compile models, and things like that.

I will bump you to trial member, and I'll get spider or saiz to give you an assignment for us to evaluate you on.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

ExtraNoise

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 07:19:38 am »

Very cool that you live in Olymipa. I use to live in Oak Harbor, Washington (Whidbey Island). Your up in VALVe country, as was I for awhile.

Your portfolio is pretty good, It shows a broad contrast of your experience in different areas, different styles, etc. Having source experience when doing environmental props is a big plus. So I would assume you know how to compile models, and things like that.

I will bump you to trial member, and I'll get spider or saiz to give you an assignment for us to evaluate you on.

Sounds great! Looking forward to turning over some work for the team. :)

I used to live in Sedro-Woolley and we'd go to Whidbey Island every couple of months (my dad had a friend who worked on the base). I always loved Oak Harbor.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 07:20:11 am »

You needed courage with a presentation like that?
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 07:25:02 am »

I used to live in Sedro-Woolley and we'd go to Whidbey Island every couple of months (my dad had a friend who worked on the base). I always loved Oak Harbor.

It's a nice city, but it has nothing going for it besides the Navy Base there. My father was in the Military, so I grew up there, pretty much.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 07:37:16 am »

nice stuff extra,

you should get in contact with i believe kickflip on our team he currently works at bungie from what i remember he might be able to get you a inside track to getting in there.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 07:58:40 am »

You needed courage with a presentation like that?

That's what I'm sayin.. I like the ford on your portfolio too, good stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up