GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:10:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 1/21/09  (Read 16837 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
GES Update 1/21/09
« on: January 22, 2009, 01:43:58 am »

Hey guys!

Update #3 in 6 days for those playing at home. This year and onwards we are turning over a new leaf as far as giving the public what they want, updates and media frequently!

Runway
Map Runway, by Sharpsh00tah, is an unreleased development creation. It was started before beta 1.0 but was not complete enough. Two years of development really shows how far this has come. Several elements have been remade from the ground and refurbishment is a constant visitor to our update delivery system.

Sharpshooter has done a lot of clever things to tie in the feel of the indoor areas to be in-line with facility/backzone. It's an interesting gameplay experience having the runway as a Multiplayer. The underground, the hangar and several rooms around the runway itself makes it all work so amazingly. You get plenty enough areas for cover, and at times you will want to sprint across the runway like James Bond himself towards the action!

Click for larger image

Complex
The map Complex, by Loafie, hero of dreams, is a hyper-realistic recreation of the signature MP only map from the original game. This is a favourite among gamers, and in this mod the map is given a metallic coat of paint. Anyone with high end systems will love running around in here!

Things to note is this is basically the same look as beta 1.0 had, but of course ported to Orange Box status and thus enhancing the eye candy. "I want candy!" ; Loafie delivers. Oh and you dont want to fall down the pit! Unless you enjoy hearing the death jingle.... (which i do)

Click for larger image

Other info
On the horizon is an expected Gameplay trailer! We cant say the exact day but we are working to get it out to you as we speak. Should be hot and be the best way to show you how our game is fairing. Look out for that over the coming days and be prepared for a completely gameplay orientated look at Beta 3 ; That is assured with who is in charge of the video production. Naming names later ;)

Aww hell, here you are ; more screenies guys, you deserve it there was only 14 so far!

Introducing screenshot concept for GoldenEye: Source I coin "main room", in which a character posing is shown in the main room of the map with an epic weapon in thirdperson view. Enjoy this unique view of the characters which you'd likely not see yourself in-game ; A result of being distracted by addictive gameplay!

Next update (likely 24th) : We will set aside maps in that one to focus on some GUI elements with screenshot love and explanations!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 01:44:38 am by Sean [Baron] »

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
Re: GES Update 1/21/09
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 02:21:29 am »

Holy crap, the Runway has never looked better! Are there any added places along the runway in that map like the Facility? or is it all the same as GE64.

I just love those pics with the new characters.

Mishkin, FTW!
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 02:39:48 am »

Not to be the obvious perv, but Mayday's model has a gap between her legs.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 03:16:54 am »

And how is Grace Jones any different? Reference: http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,2674.msg27751.html#new

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 04:10:19 am »

On the horizon is an expected Gameplay trailer! We cant say the exact day but we are working to get it out to you as we speak.

Everyone please be sure to keep a close eye on the site for this!!

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 04:12:46 am »

hints, not leak...

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 04:41:45 am »

i have to say, when i heard that runway was going to be made into a multiplayer map...  i didn't think it was going to work.

Sharp found an excellent way to turn the basic layout of the map into something fantastic.

and complex looks like a million bucks these days and plays totally old school style which i love to death.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 05:53:59 am »

Wake i posted it up on moddb http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/news/ges-update-12109 (hope you dont mind)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 10:27:57 am »

Looks awesome, specially the Runway, a map not very tailored form MP in the original game. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 12:31:07 pm »

Holly crap! Can't wait to snipe runway!
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 01:09:21 pm »

Holly crap! Can't wait to snipe runway!

Specially if you can do it from the mounted guns positions...

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 02:08:45 pm »

Looks awesome, specially the Runway, a map not very tailored form MP in the original game. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Indeed. It's more than just the runway, now.
Huzza for Mishkin and Boris. :)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 08:25:44 pm »

is it just me or do the barrels on the shotgun and sniper riffle look WAYYY to big..? They just stick out too much i think. Maybe i am wrong. Secondly, shouldn't the shotgun be positioned in a lower position like by the armpit and not help like a pistol up high? Just my thoughts, fill me in if I am wrong. :)

Nice update, thank you for keeping them going.  :) I can just smell beta 3 is coming.....:)

By the way, the floor on complex seems like there is a huge texture alignment issue on the picture that has the entrance to the sniper tower/where the body armor is. There is that huge line in the center of the floor......

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 08:40:08 pm »

On complex it isn't a texture alignment issue it is how the engine deals with splitting up cubemap placement between brushes.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 08:50:42 pm »

is it just me or do the barrels on the shotgun and sniper riffle look WAYYY to big..? They just stick out too much i think. Maybe i am wrong. Secondly, shouldn't the shotgun be positioned in a lower position like by the armpit and not help like a pistol up high? Just my thoughts, fill me in if I am wrong. :)

We are using the HL2 character animations still, and that is why some guns may not look right. Eventually our plan is to have custom animations, but at this time and for BETA 3 they are going to still be HL2 character animations.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up