GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:35:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: server commands help please  (Read 5771 times)

aaronmarsh632

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • aaronmarsh632 has no influence.
server commands help please
« on: June 16, 2012, 10:30:15 am »

Hi,

can anyone help me with an example of how to use the server commands from a client please?

As mensioned in a previous topic i'm running a dedicated server but i'm not sure how to do this.
I keep the server at work and when im home its a pain 2 keep remotely logging in to do my commands, so I just wanted to run them from my client when im at home. I tried a few things but i guess I did it wrong too many times because it banned me and I had to restart the server to 'unban' me (thanks to troy for the help on that 1).

I can get the console up fine but when I type any commands it says 'unknown command' or something along those lines, and don't I have to rcon first? if so i tried typing rcon etc which i assume stands for remote connect but again I dont know how it works so now im stuck :)

can anyone help me please?

thanks

aaron

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: server commands help please
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 11:20:20 am »

That's done with rcon commands.

You need to set a rcon password in the server.cfg for this to work.
From ingame use your console to execute rcon commands.

Works just like regular server commands but you have to put rcon in front of it.
Also at first you have to enter the correct rcon password each time you join the server.
(rcon_password *******)

Now you're able to do everything you could do on a listen server or directly through the server comand line window.
Maybe you have to use the server administration tool of your server provider to set/change the rcon password.

aaronmarsh632

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • aaronmarsh632 has no influence.
Re: server commands help please
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 11:38:16 am »

ah i see, I was typing the rcon but without the password, i dont kno how i missed that 'cos i remember setting the password in the config file on the server.

thanks for your help, illhave a play when i get home.

aaron
Pages: [1]   Go Up