GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:47:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Since updating, I can't see/connect to any servers  (Read 3416 times)

Hankill

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hankill has no influence.
[SOLVED] Since updating, I can't see/connect to any servers
« on: August 13, 2016, 04:57:15 pm »

Hey guys, hope all is well.

For the past month or so I've been playing 4.2 with some buddies and we've really been enjoying it. I played with a dev last Monday and he mentioned 5.0 coming out on Friday and I was pretty hype. After I installed it though I noticed there weren't any servers but my friend was able to connect, so I joined through the friend's list. After about 5 minutes I get kicked and receive this message:

"A connection to the Steam VAC servers could not be made."

It seems to only be with Goldeneye Source 5.0 as other source mod games are fine and don't cause me any issues (Gmod for example).

I've tried to solve the solution by cleaning the cache, reinstalling, a couple of different /run commands and nothing. When I open up Goldeneye Source it'll show the one server on my Favourites tab, but if I were to refresh or click a different tab it'll disappear and say no servers available. I do have steam installed on my D drive which I heard could be the cause but to me that doesn't make much sense unless something was changed in that regard between 4.2 and 5.0.

Is the issue on my end or is there simply a bug within the files of Goldeneye Source 5.0?

Any feedback is most appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 07:23:49 am by Hankill »

Hankill

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hankill has no influence.
Re: [ISSUE] Since updating, I can't see/connect to any servers
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 07:23:01 am »

Just in case anyone is also having this issue; reinstalling with the updated .exe solved the problem.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads/ges-v50-full-installer-exe

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: [SOLVED] Since updating, I can't see/connect to any servers
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 12:18:23 pm »

Good to know! Thanks.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up