GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 01:49:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [ISSUE] Steam Conflict on Server Join?  (Read 2834 times)

sredni

[ISSUE] Steam Conflict on Server Join?
« on: February 21, 2010, 11:32:25 pm »

Hi, I've just installed the Beta 4 (no previous versions installed), and I can launch the game fine. It even appears in Steam's My Games list. I installed the SDK Source - Orange Box.

The issue occurs when I try to join a server. The normal Join Server Box comes up, tells me it is parsing game info, then retrieving server info for about 2 seconds, and then is replaced with a box saying 'This steam account has been used to login from another computer. To continue using Steam, you need to log in again.' There is a button with 'Login' on it at the bottom of the box, but pressing it does nothing.

I've already searched to see if other people are having this problem, but for most people it seems to be a problem with them leaving their steam accounts logged in on another computer. This can't be the case for me as I only use Steam on one PC and I was able to join servers in other games (TF2) without a problem.

Thanks so much for creating something awesome. I hope I can play it soon :)

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: [ISSUE] Steam Conflict on Server Join?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 11:59:42 pm »

on Steam go File: change user: then log back in and try again.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

sredni

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 01:49:50 am »

on Steam go File: change user: then log back in and try again.

This appears to have fixed the problem; thank you. I had tried exiting steam and logging back in but that had no effect. Sorry if this was incredibly noobish.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 04:21:15 am »

Its a problem with Valve. It properly logs you in in their games, but in mods it fails miserably and this is the only fix. Not really a noob question, it annoys me on a bi-daily basis cause I switch between my laptop and desktop and get fucked by this all the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up