GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:45:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Various Ideas  (Read 3980 times)

and.punker

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • and.punker barely matters.and.punker barely matters.
Various Ideas
« on: August 16, 2016, 05:45:04 pm »

Hello,
First I have to congratulate the developers on making one of the best source mods I have ever played but I have some ideas to make it better.
James Bond Skin
Let's start with the elephant in the room, the James Bond skin. The suit that was created for him is very bad in terms of the details that it has. The only time Pierce Brosnan's Bond wore a 3 button suit in GoldenEye was in the tank chase but even then he didn't have patched pockets or a black tie. The other versions of the suit are the same but with different colours which I think would be a brilliant idea...if it was executed properly. I suggest that you make a 2 button suit with peak lapels, jetted pockets, a non vented back and a bowtie. The blue version would look like the tank chase version, being a 3 button with slanted pockets and double vents. The brown version is my least favorite version as it doesn't even look like something that his Bond would wear. It looks like something Moore's Bond would wear in The Spy Who Loved Me. Also, a tactical gear version would also be nice. I know that he isn't meant to look like any Bond but at least you could make his suits look good.
Weapons running dry
The weapon-running-dry system that is in place now looks like the N64 version and I am quite fond of it. However on certain weapons (PP7, DD44) the slide doesn't lock back. I have seen the slide lock back correctly on other source mods such as Black Mesa but that could be running on the 2013 SDK.
Campaign
As for the single player campaign I know that there aren't any plans but you could start from the end. Egyptian is a level that could very easily be converted to a succesful single player level. Although some sections would have to be cut and a cutscene of Baron Samedi laughing and Bond walking are basically the only things that would have to be made from scratch. The rest is scripting and making a proper single player worthy pause menu.
Anyway, these are all the ideas I have for the moment. Good-bye for now

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Various Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 06:19:02 pm »

Greetings! To answer your questions simply, we currently have no character artists on board, so I don't think editing a character model is currently possible.

Weapons running dry and the gun staying cocked back, that's actually a neat detail, I didn't notice it, but this is most likely possible.

As for single-player... The AI is absolutely not programmed for a single-player experience. At all. No guard animations and no proper guard models are done, we'd have to recode the entire damage system as far as I know to fit guard health limitations, we'd have to code proper guard behavior, guard routes, objectives, automated turrets, third-person cinematics, sky changing from day to night when second baron is defeated, all three difficulties accordingly, and a bunch of other stuff. As you can see, it's not as easy as you thought, and we don't have near enough team members to make this level alone happen in a reasonable timescale, or at all. I know everyone wants singleplayer done, but we have to be realistic.

and.punker

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • and.punker barely matters.and.punker barely matters.
Re: Various Ideas
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 06:38:41 pm »

Thank you for answering my questions. I knew that there weren't enough developers to create a single player experience but I didn't know it would be that hard. Anyway, I hope that someday the skins are revamped. Congratulations on the new update!
Pages: [1]   Go Up